Favourite Sayings

"The only stupid question is the you DON'T ask."

I always quote this before I run a training session, but there still are some stupid questions! :D

or the old chestnut of

"...better to remain silent and appear a fool,, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt..."

Reminds me of this one. Can't remember where I heard it but I've always liked it:

"Never argue with a fool. A passerby in the street will never know the difference."

M

an invitation is not an obligation

if the solution causes bigger problems than the problem itself then its not a solution

dont try to solve things at night when everyone is tired better to sleep on it and see how you feel in the morning

and dont try to solve things with others in the morning rush. choose your timing to have better success.

one i actually hate it
' money doesnt buy happiness '
i just think it sounds noble and is really stupid as lack of money will bring alot of unhappiness!!better to teach more reality things such as that u need money for houses, food schools, clothes, hobbies education etc.

better spend double as much time on planning than even more time later on mistakes. this may be similar to a stitch in time saves nine

my wonderful grandmother used to say

'i'm not made of sugar'

when she had to walk everywhere and it would rain
and she would also say to be careful not to ever say anything derogatory to a spouse about their family

dont bite the hand that feeds you

teens will cut off their nose to spit their face.

a favourite is dr phil talking about a woman who made money from sex with guys she knew but said she was not a prostitude

dr phil said

' ahhhh if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck..... ITS A DUCK!'

francine reminded me one i always trot out when reno-ing

"measure twice, cut once"

and a dr phil one that sticks in the mind

"... and how is that working for you?" (when people try the same thing over and over expecting different results)

I'm afraid most of mine are all a bit 'rude' and not very ladylike. Can't help it - I like a nice turn of phrase regardless of how it's used - I find them quite descriptive and witty.

Couldn't organise a r**t in a brothel.
Dry as a nuns kiss (or the 'c' word)
Dry as a dead dingos donger
Like pushing sh*t uphill (hard to do)
Short arms, deep pockets (someone who is tight with their money)
Wouldn't shout if a shark bit him (someone who doesn't go in a 'shout')

She was wearing a Gosford skirt (a skirt so short it was close to The Entrance - 2 places on the central coast)
She was wearing mumblers (tight pants - you could see her l*** moving but couldn't understand a word she was saying)

One of my old bosses used to call a higher manager he didn't like 'Ankles'. When I finally asked him what that meant it was - he's 3 feet lower than a 'c word'.
The nickname of 'Fillets' 'cos they've got no backbone.

One my daughter said years ago I've always liked and never heard repeated was - he walks with the wind. Said about someone who was 'up themselves'. They walked with the wind so they wouldn't mess their hair up.

Last edited:
I just got reminded of this by another thread.

When someone tells you how much something (usually expensive) costs or is worth. Eg, "This car cost me $58,000."

"Wow, that's a lot of cheeseburgers!"

(29,000 of them I think).

(for a short skirt) Gosford skirt as its just below the Entrance. :D

better an end with pain than pain with no end.

(for something that is meant to be strait but is not) All over the place like a mad womans Sh#t. :eek:

I'v forgotten more than you know. :rolleyes:

I have a favourite that I use from time to time with my 4 year old...(in response to idle threats)...

"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't negotiate with terrorists."

Back