Feasability study's

H all.

I wish to improve my knowledge of creating feasability study's. I have missed a number of great development opportunities recently because I was far too conservative with my numbers because I am not confident in costs.

Due to being FIFO I have quite limited access to telephones during business hours, so most communication has to be email.

I plan to get a subscription to RP data and feastudy to assist me. What I'm lacking is evaluating various costs associated with the development, as well as expected sale prices of finished products.

I intent to buy a few now, and develop in a few years so I want places that have reasonable holding costs. This will also allow me to land bank and develop a property when the area is a bit more developed.

I am happy to use buyers agents in certain circumstances, however it will limit my capital for purchasing. Also many places I'm looking at don't have buyers agents in that area. It would also be great to be self sufficient in the decision making process so I can place an offer before too much time has past- the main cause of me missing properties so far.

Where you looking to buy the sites?

Some companys offer a feasability study if you wanted a quick accurate one. Might be worth looking into.

Or you just have to really know the market your targeting in order to determin buy in price and offload price.

Also depends if your holding or selling?
And just always have a contingency cost in there.

Cheers

Back