Feasibility template

Can anyone point me in the right direction for some example feasabilities?
I am thinking about doing a small spilt and build in WA and want to start off by crunching numbers on properties I look at.

Looking at some examples would be really helpful.

Are there any good web pages, software or books?:confused:

Somone here may have a great spreadsheet they can attach if not try Feastudy

metropoleprojects/UnitFeasibility is also worth a look

Hi,

As a suggestion - typically with an analysis like this you'd start at your GRV/GDV and work backwards to ascertain what the site (house) should be worth to purchase in order for the project to stack up.

Try googling Residual Land Value Template for samples?

This is probably the method that the bank's valuer will adopt if you're seeking funding on a development basis.

Cheers

Try googling Residual Land Value Template for samples?

This is probably the method that the bank's valuer will adopt if you're seeking funding on a development basis.

Cheers

Use the rlv model backed by the more robust dcf which leaves no room for error.

If the results vary dramatically, you're wrong. I prefer to use the dcf.

OK
At risk of sounding like a 1st grader and ****

what is dcf, GRV and GDV??

I tried googling residential land value template but didn't come up with much.

I wonder why holding cost is regarded as a cost when calculating project feasibility. Using the dcf method, the holding cost is an interest cost, and is not a cashflow item. It is used to determine the weighted average cost of capital (i.e. required rate of return).

Have you included developer contributions/infrastructure charges? In Queensland the maximum that a Council can charge, including water and sewerage, is $28,000.

I wonder why holding cost is regarded as a cost when calculating project feasibility. Using the dcf method, the holding cost is an interest cost, and is not a cashflow item. It is used to determine the weighted average cost of capital (i.e. required rate of return).

When using a dcf model, you do not include interest, all figures used are today's values ie purchase cost, fees, stamp duty, design, building, S94, selling fees, legals etc. Your discount factor (risk, inflation, interest) picks up the rest.

When using a dcf model, you do not include interest, all figures used are today's values ie purchase cost, fees, stamp duty, design, building, S94, selling fees, legals etc. Your discount factor (risk, inflation, interest) picks up the rest.

Agree. That's why I am asking why holding cost is regarded as a cost in the other methods.

(to answer my own question: because it is another method).

Back