Feedback for regular workshop meetups.

Hi Everyone,

I recall hearing about past somersoft meetups having keynote speakers covering specific topics of interest to the community.

I have over the last few months met some keynote speakers in the property industry who are available to speak free of charge or for a small fee.

I was looking at setting a few up, and have them run for free or for donations of up to $10.

1. Would this be something of interest to you?
2. What topics would you be interested in hearing about?
3. How regular would you attend these meetings?

I figure, having a keynote speaker up for 45mins, question time, then mingling amongst the participants as we have in the past.

Looking forward to hear some feedback. Would love to have them running regularly from April at the latest.

Much love!

I currently go to the propertymeeting.com.au ones, but find that there are a lot of novices and not all that many investors with multiples IPs.
If you organised it anywhere around the Parramatta/Hills/Hornsby area, I'd be in. If it's down south, I probably wouldn't be.

I was looking at setting a few up, and have them run for free or for donations of up to $10.

1. Yep, sounds like a great idea!
2. Renovations, property research, commercial investment
3. Probably 1 every 4-6 weeks?

Morning SS Members, my name is SNM and I am an SS addict. I have been investing for ?? years - at first it was an interest then it became enthralling and now I spend not a moment not thinking about the next deal. It is such an adrenalin rush. Speaking to my broker to find out how much equity I can squeeze out of the portfolio without hitting the wall. The wall. Oh that hurts. :eek:

Sorry - wrong forum ;)

Sounds great,

As long as they're not selling OTP :p

Haha, I've asked to screen the speakers before I commit to using them.

I don't have a problem with plug-ins, however I do have a thing with OTP, or 'DON'T WAIT, ONLY 4 SPOTS LEFT FOR MY ONCE IN A LIFETIME EDUCATIONAL TRANSFORMATIVE REVOLUTIONARY PROPERTY PACKAGE'.

I'll check different price points, get in higher quality speakers and bigger venues. Novices will be an occurrence at any event, will see if I can figure out how to screen events (not that I won't run any for novices which I was / am one myself) though I have heard the frustrations with being the 'smartest' person in the room.

Hi Everyone,

1. Yep definitely interesting
2. Find the right property tools, finance structure
3. Depends how useful and interesting they turn to be :)

Thanks

Have a structure in mind.

1. 45 min key note talk on specific topic (speaker 1);
2. 15 min Q&A;
3. 15 min talk on a different speakers property journey (speaker 2);
4. 15 min Q&A;
5. 60 min mingle.

Can cover a whole lot of different topics from trusts, mortgage brokering, property investment styles, financial structures, subdivisions etc.

2.5 hrs. have a few venues in mind, capacity 40 people.
See if I can enrol some members of the forum to have a panel Q&A session in person, that would be cool. Get different ideas on strategies etc. No pre-planning required.

See if I can grow an expand it into a full day of ridiculously good stuff. Have already locked in a handful of speakers for key-note and Q&A.

Last edited:
Have a structure in mind.

1. 45 min key note talk on specific topic (speaker 1);
2. 15 min Q&A;
3. 15 min talk on a different speakers property journey (speaker 2);
4. 15 min Q&A;
5. 60 min mingle.

Can cover a whole lot of different topics from trusts, mortgage brokering, property investment styles, financial structures, subdivisions etc.

2.5 hrs. have a few venues in mind, capacity 40 people.
See if I can enrol some members of the forum to have a panel Q&A session in person, that would be cool. Get different ideas on strategies etc. No pre-panning required.

See if I can grow an expand it into a full day of ridiculously good stuff. Have already locked in a handful of speakers for key-note and Q&A.

All sounds like great ideas, mate. May have to be wary about mix of crowd though, as if it's a panel of forum members and 40 novices it may be the same questions getting asked over and over?

All sounds like great ideas, mate. May have to be wary about mix of crowd though, as if it's a panel of forum members and 40 novices it may be the same questions getting asked over and over?

Hmm. I seem to see a need for a mid-level investment event. How to screen it though. And what topics would be of interest?

- Options?
- Flipping?
- Development?

Back