Feedback on Suncorp

We have been recommended Suncorp for a new loan and would to hear feedback from anyone who currently uses them or decided not to use them.

Many thanks

Last edited:
I have one rather significant loan with Suncorp. We've been doing steady business for 4 years.

Time for renewal came around, and their offer was substantially better than anything I, or indeed any broker, could extract from any of the Big 4.

I'm very pleased with both their terms and conditions. Suncorp get two thumbs up from me.

Hi CB

Products are ok, service levels do vary, serviceability is middling

Ok for deal with LMI since they have a DUA

Thats about the only info one can provide as a generality, since matching a borrower profile to a lender is about more than just a lender that has ok rates and will do the deal

One would need to know lots of fluffy stuff.

t
rolf

As Rolf said there's more to just rates when matching a clients needs to a product.

That said, Suncorp can be a good lender to keep in the back pocket for those with a high exposure to Genworth and who's deal is a tad tricky so could benefit from no credit scoring and Suncorp's DUA.

Cheers

Jamie

Hello,

ive used suncorp for 5 yrs or so. Have been quite good in general however they offered to split my loan for free an number of years ago (so i could fix part) and they claimed i would have no extra fees but now i have to basically pay double fees for each part of the loan whenever i want to change anything on the loan (like fix interest rates or extend IO period) which is a pain:(

Smallbuyer

You probably been recommend Suncorp due to the fact they are running a pretty good promotional offer.

1.03% off the SVR.
Taking the rate down to 6.55% and they are one of the few that can offer this rate with a loan min of $250k.:)

Full featured loan as well.

Regards
Michael

well, I would never, ever hold a grudge ;) .... but Suncorp knocked us back for our first ever home loan, on completely bizarre grounds.
(eg not accepting a substantial term deposit that I'd held for a number of years as proof of savings until I could prove how where I'd got the money from, and refusing to accept that my husband only paid $** child support, because there was no court order)
It was around 15 years ago now..... but I certainly won't be going back to them.
I even struggled to go through Bank of Queensland for a loan, in case all the northerners were the same!!! :eek:

I even struggled to go through Bank of Queensland for a loan, in case all the northerners were the same!!! :eek:

It's because these Queensland banks keep lending money on Gold Coast developments that go bad and make them lose millions of dollars. Then they squeeze their retail customers to cover their bad commercial loans...

Last one $720k 80% lvr unconditional 5 days settled 3 weeks from submission not one hiccup. Couldn't ask for more. That said was a very straight forward deal (don't get many if those!).

I think Suncorp are quite good, they are one of the few lenders who will lend 95% to a corporate trustee structure, and they take into account the amount of rent received. Let us know how you go.

Moved out of Suncorp in entirety as generally valuations came back 10-15% under market. It may be argued that this is the valuers not the banks, however I beg to differ.

In one instance, feedback came back through to the bank that the Valuer had built into the valuation that there is a likelihood the area would have a price reduction in the next 12 months. This is in Hunter/Maitland area of NSW, I was a bit shocked by that statement!

Refinanced same properties the month after with big 4 at this 10-15% extra.

Back