FHOG Boost - what will happen after 30 June 2009?

Bud says thanks Bradsdad

To Bradsdad or any other well informed floating forum poster,

Another obvious point this table highlights (attachement below) is that if one is in a position to draft and sign a building contract either pre-June 30 or post-June 30, one would be foolish not to choose the former.

Given I am building a new home in a metropolitan vic area then I will be $8,000 better off if I go ahead with contract pre-June 30. That is my understand.

So why would anyone wait until after June 30, if infact that have the ability to wait?

I am not sure if I am reading this correctly?

Max I can get today is 26K , and max after June 30 is 18K? Is that right?

Thanks in advance
BF

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 44
Hi bud....im in a similar position as you (although in nsw) and im also confused? is the total in grants more or less post june 30?

I reckon....

just an opionion....

that after 1st July, those who dont want to buy property will have a differnt opinion as to why its not the right time.

There will always be some negativity there. Apart from the FHOG there are many other positives out there. FHOG is just the most obvious.

I have a crystal ball here, but its a bit hazy so as none of us can say what will be tomorrow, as a professional investor you should all be aware the path is there infront of you.. you can stand there waiting for a fog to clear or you can move in the right direction and follow where the concrete pavement under your feet is leading you, be that closer to your end goal.

Just food for thought.

Oh + what I already posted about FHOG being removed in 2001 when sept 11 happend aswell.. i know prices today arnt what they were then, nore were they in 2003. 2003 there was a massive different in prices from 2001.

Hi bud....im in a similar position as you (although in nsw) and im also confused? is the total in grants more or less post june 30?

hye mate , it would seem that its more if you lock something in pre June 30

There are so many damn figures, there is a:

Grant 7K
Boost 14K
Bonus 5K

for a new home.

This is the maximum you can get if you are living in metro vic and building new home.

After June 30, 14K goes bye bye and the 5K bonus jumps to 11K.

8K worse off

Anyone else is free to jump in by head is spinning like a top

When you've deciphered Brumby's latest from yesterday , can you write that up to please .

From what I can tell his chipping in 18k for city suburbs and 22k for regional areas with any FHB building a new home , for another 12 mths , taking the place of Rudd's bonus when that is removed .

They also have a health card scheme for health card holders in Vic, has that been tripled too ?
If so that would create even more action because it doesn't have to be their first home .

Cheers

+1 for ultra confused,

what is the health care card scheme tripling??

does that mean you get 3 of them? I wouldn't mind one of them!:D

also, whats the deal with existing properties

its now, $14k+$3kbonus=$17k

Im assuming it will be $7k+$3kbonus=$10k

= $7k worse off!

When you've deciphered Brumby's latest from yesterday , can you write that up to please .
Cheers

Just called Vic State Revenue Office, and have confirmed the following , which was my initial post.

pre June 30
Grant 7K
Boost 14K
Bonus 5K
= 26K all up (max) for a new home built in vic metro pre-June 30 2009

post June 30
Grant 7K
Boost 0K...! ( - 14K)
Bonus 11K ( + 6K)
= 18K all up (max) for a new home built in vic metro post-June 30 2009

8K worse off if you build post-June 30.

Advice, lock in either building contract or contract to buy (new or 'off plan') before 30 June 2009.

Because if you wait you can kiss that 1 month holiday to Tuscany good bye

Hope this helps

What about in terms of established houses? Does it just drop back to 7k?

Thanks in advance.

ha..!

seems as though you are in luck mate, because established houses jumps from

9K pre-June 30 2009 TO ...17K post-June 30 2009 (see attachment on next post)

lucky you

pre-June 30 2009
Grant - 7K
Boost - 0K
Bonus - 2K
= 9K all up (max) for an established home in vic metro pre-June 30 2009

post-June 30 2009

Grant - 7K
Boost - 7K (+ 7K)
Bonus - 3K (- 1K)
= 17K all up (max) for an established home in vic metro post-June 30 2009

So I mine goes down 8K (new home) if I wait until after June 30, and yours goes down 8K if you wait until after June 30....!

Does this help?

I am applying for a government job as we speak.

BF

Hi Bud,

Thanks for that..But seems you are wrong according to the table you posted:

Established Homes Prior to June 30th 2009
FHOG - 7k
Boost - 7k
Bonus - 3k
Total - 17k

After June 30th 2009
FHOG - 7k
Boost - 0k
Bonus - 2k
Total - 9k

Hence you are better to buy b4 june 30th otherwise you loose 8k... I am selling at the momment so people quick buy before you loose the 8k ;)

budfox, I think you might have got it wrong on established.. nice attempt though..

I am pretty sure its $17k now, and after will be $9k or $10k,

so $8k or $7k worse off

budfox, I think you might have got it wrong on established.. nice attempt though..

I am pretty sure its $17k now, and after will be $9k or $10k,

so $8k or $7k worse off

sh*t, right you both are, apologies

guess i will now withdraw my applications for those govt jobs

enjoy

Thanks Bud , very kind of you to take the trouble.

On the health card thing , a guy looking at a little place I'm selling has asked if I will accept his health care card bonuses as a deposit.

Don't know anything about it his getting back to me with exactly how much it will be and when he actually gets it.
He thinks it's paid after he has made the purchase though. He forwards all receipts and contracts and they then reimburse him .

Apparently he gets his stamp duty back and also some sort of other bonus which was the equivalent to the the first home grant of the day, but it's for card holders only .

Reckons in his case it looks like adding up to around $19,500 on an 80k purchase .

If he goes ahead and gets whatever they are , will post.

Brumby also mentioned some regional area bonus the other night , thought he said 22k - anyone catch that.

Cheers

Thanks Bud , very kind of you to take the trouble.

On the health card thing , a guy looking at a little place I'm selling has asked if I will accept his health care card bonuses as a deposit.

Don't know anything about it his getting back to me with exactly how much it will be and when he actually gets it.
He thinks it's paid after he has made the purchase though. He forwards all receipts and contracts and they then reimburse him .

Apparently he gets his stamp duty back and also some sort of other bonus which was the equivalent to the the first home grant of the day, but it's for card holders only .

Reckons in his case it looks like adding up to around $19,500 on an 80k purchase .

If he goes ahead and gets whatever they are , will post.

Brumby also mentioned some regional area bonus the other night , thought he said 22k - anyone catch that.

Cheers

this is the first ive heard of a health care card bonus, can someone point me in the right direction!!
, got a friend who is looking right now and has a health care card , being a single mother so she'd really like this sort of news!!!

this is the first ive heard of a health care card bonus, can someone point me in the right direction!!
, got a friend who is looking right now and has a health care card , being a single mother so she'd really like this sort of news!!!

Hey PM.

Tell her to dig a round on the Vic Gov site , my customer mentioned it but I can't remember the specifics.

Back