Fig tree on boundary dispute-URGENT

No, why would my post imply I want his number ? I'm guessing that's a joke of some sort, but it wen right over mty head !

Just the saying that your sentence " A year ago, I got rid of a 60s-aged neighbour who filled her garden with invasive weed trees", sounded odd to me and made me wonder how you did it or what you meant by it

For anyone interested I have an onsite meeting with the tree dude from Tweed Shire Council on Monday. He has already sighted the trees and pretty agreed that the said trees do pose a hazard so may be promising, we'll see.

Need to first establish wether the trees are on my land or the nature strip. Im guessing the nature strip but won't know until its surveyed I guess. Hopefully they'll pay!

The particular trees are a real concern and I believe dangerous. The bonus is if all goes well, I will have unobstructed valley views. Thats not my motivation though...truly!

Ill keep yas posted.

Sling

No, why would my post imply I want his number ? I'm guessing that's a joke of some sort, but it wen right over mty head !
Yes, I was speculating as to whether you also needed to get rid of somebody. ;)
jaycee said:
Just the saying that your sentence " A year ago, I got rid of a 60s-aged neighbour who filled her garden with invasive weed trees", sounded odd to me and made me wonder how you did it or what you meant by it
Never fear! She married and moved in with her new husband. :)

Hey Rockstar,

My place is on Piggabeen Road, Tweed Heads west. The views are sort of nor west up towards Cobaki and Tomawin Mountain. Unfortunately not to Mount Warning but still nice views.

Tweed council have just completed (pretty much) the Piggabeen road bypass which has converted my road (Piggabeen Rd) from a major, and quite dangerous, thoroughfare to a nice quite leafy backstreet. They are also about to upgrade my road, curb and gutter and add footpaths, sort stormwater etc etc. Ive been waiting quite a while for this to go ahead and am expecting to see some reasonable gains as a result I hope. They're due to start Feb 2011. Fingers crossed.

Where are you?

Thanks
Slingshot

Ocean Shores, where it keeps raining - I'm sure you know what I mean. Had a machine booked in for a site cut today and, sure enough, the rain came in around 5am :D
Good luck with the trees.

Nice part of the world. I've got a mate/collegue thats been in OS for years. He's a freelance camerman, does a lot of news etc down that way, initials PM. Do you happen to know him?

We should hook up one of these days, Im down that way a lot and always keen to meet like minded property investors.

Thanks
Slingshot

I thought I'd post a wee update re Tweed Shire Council and my tree saga.

Ive had a 70% win. Yay:p

Met with the tree dude yesterday and he was a very nice chap. He told me that there was some good and some bad news.

The good news was that the 3 offending trees were on council land. That was good news although I pretty much knew anyway albeit borderline.
This means that the council are happy to get rid of the jacaranda which is 90% of the problem anyway. There is my view pretty much sorted.:D
The bad news is not all bad. They wont entirely get rid of the 2 eucalypts but are more than happy to give them a major prune and get rid of all the dead widow-makers and anything that hangs over my boundary. BTW that is some major pruning indeed.

So all in I am vrery happy with the result. I am a tree lover although it would have been nice to get rid of the lot, cos they're a pain in the butt, and negating any future problems. I reckon that is about a 70% win which is OK in my book.

Thanks to Paul the Tweed Council tree dude. Just a normal bloke who could see the sense in the overall situation and was happy to compromise so everyone ends up reasonably satisfied. Shame there are not officials more like him. I think it makes a helluva difference who you deal with sometimes.

Slingshot.

PS Looking forward to some sunshine on that property and my new found valley views.

Back