Finally got an answer!!!

Hey everybody.....well those of you who read my last post would know that I had an O&A on the go for 2 weeks today.....man it has tested my patience!!!!! Well I finally got an answer on it today...they are standing firm on their offer (which they could have told me last week), but anyway I am happy to accept their counter offer, as I had intended going to that figure anyway IF NECESSARY. Should have it signed off by tomorrow....yippee (now I can sleep.....or rather get SOME sleep, we now have to get finance, then renovate it prior to renting).

:) :D :D :D sq

Hope it goes well Suzieq.

include a clause in the contract allowing you access before settlement for improvement purposes so you can reno between exchange and settlement (provided property is vacant at exchange).

This cuts the holding costs - both as you pay no interest on the loan until after settlement and by shortening the period of keeping the property vacant for reno prior to letting.

If you can't get this clause into the contract this time, keep it in mind for next time.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Thanks for your advice Acey......didn't do it this time, but might see if I can still do it if the vendor is agreeable as the property is and has been vacant for quite some time (mortgagee sale). If I can't will definately do it next time........:D sq

Hi Suzieq
Early access is a great idea. We tried it and the vendors solicitor would't touch it. Next best that we will require is access, entry, to at least measure and get quotes, before settlement, so as to at least get the time delay factors right, if you need trademen or fittings that have waiting times etc.
Good luck
jahn

Hi there.

We asked the real estate agent to ask the vendor about installing ceiling fans before settlement and there was no problem. No paperwork, just verbal. Worth a try.

Back