Finding out immediatly when a family member passes on which you have no contact with?

I cant believe the attitude of some of the people in this forum.

We know nothing about the situation and we are being very judgmental of the OP.

What if the deceased is a person who is mentally unstable/ joined a cult / been defrauded by a Nigerian scammer... There are various reasons why a close relative would choose to lose contact with you. Maybe the OP wants to protect the estate from these people.

If the OP wants to elaborate that may help his cause but if they choose not too it shouldnt be a reason to 'stick the boot in'.

I cant believe the attitude of some of the people in this forum.

We know nothing about the situation and we are being very judgmental of the OP.
I agree. I know of a couple of situations a lot more complicated than the OPs. I would rather give the OP the benefit of the doubt. We don't know the situation.

What i tend to do with sickly older relatives i have lost contact with is stake out their home and wait until they leave for a hospital visit and then break in and put stickers with my name underneath all the valuable jewellery, antiques, heirlooms etc.

i then look for a document with a signature on it that i can trace onto a transfer of land and have the family home transferred before death into my name, it works really well and prevents others from jumping all over my assets when the relative dies.

Hello,

Does anyone know what the best way would be to jump onto someones assets before others do when they pass on?

You assume you have some right or entitlement to their estate ? If you know they have a will that provides for you then you would be contacted on death. No need to help yourself.

"Jump onto" suggests there is no love and affection involved here. Have you considered burglary instead ? Use a disguise so your identity isn't compromised - You don't want to be accused of being a heartless greedy scumbag or **** later of course. Its probably less blatant that rifling through their possessions the afternoon after they die.
Edit. **** = tw%t

What i tend to do with sickly older relatives i have lost contact with is stake out their home and wait until they leave for a hospital visit and then break in and put stickers with my name underneath all the valuable jewellery, antiques, heirlooms etc.

i then look for a document with a signature on it that i can trace onto a transfer of land and have the family home transferred before death into my name, it works really well and prevents others from jumping all over my assets when the relative dies.

Knives and gun point demands are so 90's. Old school experts would suggest if you KILL the person you will know when they die. Its the perfect asset protection strategy " for franky.

Come on. I think franky franky has a good heart. What's wrong with you people?
Franky, I'd make that phone call and try to get yourself included in the last rites. Ask to have some time alone with your relo and quiz him or her as to how much you can expect. On the way out, tell the executor that you intend to contest the will and your lawyer will be in touch.
Smooth

I would like to hear Franky's side of the story before jumping to a conclusion as to his honour, ethics etc.

The general way to secure valuables is to ask the soon to be deceased: "Will you still be using the lawn mower?" or "Do you want me to mind the antique fob watch for you?"

Back