First Home Buyer - rent

Hi,

As a First Home Buyer how long do you need to live in your property until you are legally allowed to rent it out? I have been told its 3 months, then 6 now 12. Also what procedures must be undertaken to transfer from home to IP?

6 months in wa.

Going from home to ip

: get a property manager
: change your insurance policy to tennanted and get landlord insurance.
: change your mail. Get ur pm to get rates etc mailed to them to pay.
: and fix/ tidy anything that you would expect the new tennant to complain about when they move in. Ie tap washers, door handles light switches etc to save on call out fees etc.

Cheers

There's nothing in the conditions of the FHOG stopping you from renting out parts of the house while you are living there.

You just have to live there for at least 6 months, starting sometime within the first 12 months after settlement.

There's nothing in the conditions of the FHOG stopping you from renting out parts of the house while you are living there.

You just have to live there for at least 6 months, starting sometime within the first 12 months after settlement.

thatbum is correct according to FHOG policy.

Word of caution if your lender is Keystart you need permission to rent the property out whilst they hold the titles and it has to be legitimate case such as permanent relocation for work.

Word of caution if your lender is Keystart you need permission to rent the property out whilst they hold the titles and it has to be legitimate case such as permanent relocation for work.

we have come across scenarios where Keystart has forced Refi once rented long term

ta
rolf

I can vouch for Armadale having lived there for a little over a year now.

The most noteable factor of this suburb is the abundance of amenities/essential facilities that are within 5-10mins walking distance i.e.
  • Public transport (trams/Armadale station),
  • Grocery/Shops (Malvern central etc)
  • Cafes (High street)
  • Gym (High street)
  • Restaurants (Glenferrie road)

Definitely a suburb on the list for long term living/lifestyle!

Back