Fisher and Paykel washing machines.

So it's a public holiday and our 6 year old F & P washing machine stops working.
Bugger.
Just for the hell of it, I called their service number.
They answered!
A good humoured New Zealand sounding lady asked what the problem was.
'Code 43 error', I said.
She said 'Okay, write this down...'
Then she gave me a set of instructions that involved unplugging the machine, taking out the agitator, emptying the machine, putting the agitator back in. And then grabbing the top of the agitator and pushing it (and the bowl) toward the rear right hand corner of the machine really hard 5 times. Then leaving the machine alone for 10 minutes (probably so it could recover).
She said: 'I reckon that will do the trick and you'll save yourself a $110 service call.'
It worked.
Amazing service.
And I've course I am now an F & P customer and advocate for life.
I feel I'll have less luck with Smeg when I call them about my oven that has stopped working.
Scott

That is such a brilliant story!!
Do you think they only did it because its a holiday?

I've only called them out twice over the years (for different machines) but they've always given great service and fixed the problem pretty quickly.

Only criticism I have with the F&P washer is that a rust band develops around the lip after a time and looks a bit unsightly and the plastic lids can look a bit scratched up. But I guess most machines rust and scratch eventually.

that is good... any appliance I have that breaks down and is out of warranty goes straight to the tip, just aint worth messing around with these days.

depreciator

I have had exactly the same experience (twice) with an F & P washing machine. Have also had an F & P fridge do a big dummy spit - twice - just out of the warranty period. Both times, it was fixed without charge ("That shouldn't have happened" was the reply when I asked why there was no charge).

I'm with you - a confirmed Fisher & Paykel customer! Their service is second to none, in my experience.

Cheers
LynnH

Yes, no complaints re. F&P washing mashines or their service, but I can not say the same for their Dishwashers which are notoriosly unreliable.:mad:

jase

Slightly off topic (not F&P), but I rang Optus yesterday about 8.30-9.00pm to tell them my set top box was playing up. For a start I got through without a lot of stuffing around (Optus has a rotten process for getting through to where you want to go), spoke to a human being within 1 minute of ringing the number and he organised a service call for 7.30-8.00am the next day (today - Anzac Day - a public holiday!). He did also suggest I try something and if that fixed the problem to ring back and cancel the service call which is what I ended up doing about midnight. Even then he said he'd keep the 'service call' open 24 hours in case the problem returned and gave me a better number to ring in future for service calls. I'm gobsmacked!

Sometimes you win one!

Cheers
Olly

Had an electrician look at a 9yo F&P dishwasher the other day. (The PCB went wierd, probably shorting intermittently. water pump would come on by itself and flood the kitchen floor, light panel failed)

He said they are rubbish, and the only good F&P appliances are the fridges.

We to have a 4 year old f & P washing machine and have only had a water pump go on it. When we rang the service line with the fault code they were very helpful and listed off the possible causes.

Had an electrician look at a 9yo F&P dishwasher the other day. (The PCB went wierd, probably shorting intermittently. water pump would come on by itself and flood the kitchen floor, light panel failed)

He said they are rubbish, and the only good F&P appliances are the fridges.
Yep,

And our PCB has gone again on our F&P DishDrawer dishwasher. We'll call the F&P rep out again and see what he can do. Last time it was because we lived in a scumpy flat full of roaches and the vermin used to walk and crap all over the PCBs which shorted them out. I think we only replaced the top one at the time, and now the bottom one has packed it in so it might be just a legacy of that time in the unit.

Now we live in the new house in Narrabeen there's no sign of roaches. So hopefully once this board is replaced thats it for a while.

I must agree though that their service is awesome. Last time the guy came out he charged replacement on the board only and no time. Had another sparky quote the repair at about three times what the F&P rep ended up charging me.

Cheers,
Michael.

Back