Fisher and Paykel service

So I have an F&P Dish Drawer in my PPOR kitchen - the lime green kitchen that people said unkind things about.
The Dish Drawer has been in for eight years. Amazing how time flies.
It runs at least ten times a week so that's about 8,000 washes. And goodness knows how many times the drawer has been opened and closed to put stuff in the be washed. Well over 100,000 times.
This morning, the drawer wouldn't stay shut.
I called the 1300 service number at 9am. They asked whether it would be okay if someone came this morning. The bloke just left. He replaced whatever he had to do to fix the drawer and then did something else that he noticed needed doing and reprimanded me on the powder we use in it.
So two hours after my phone call and $151 later and we're back in business. Amazing.

I was using Morning Fresh. He said Finish was better - maybe it leaves less residue. He also said When I'm washing plates and greasy stuff I should put it on the longest cycle because that means everything heats up more and there is less muck left behind. So I got a coaching session thrown in.

We use normal cycle ubless pots and use the Aldi Powder. No issues so far but we find Dishdrawers and less reliable than others. Had a few service calls for known faults.

Peter 14.7

That's good to hear. Sounds like they have upped their game.

My GF's grandma had the opposite experience.

93 year old lady. $750 Washer. Broken circut board at 4-5 month mark. Replaced under warranty. Breaks again at 15 month mark. Paid $300 to fix outside of warranty. Broke again a few months later, another $300 quote to fix. ~2 year old washer in bin.

Obviously this was before I met them, and have talked with them all about 'statutory warranty'.

Loving my half priced Omega benchtop - installed as a dishdraw ;)
http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/omega-bench-top-dishwasher-dw101wa/

Thanks.

Bosch also has a smaller one.

I love the DD concept but we have had 3 and 2 have had issues. I.E. computer get water in via coach roaches , the rotor motor has a fault (repaired under warranty if you ask;), the racks broke etc..

Want to get Miele but Wife has bad back and cannot bend easily and yes, she will not let me do it. She re-stacks it after me:rolleyes:

We had Dishlex before DD and it was old tech screw dial type and it went and went and went!

Anyone had experience with Miele?

Peter 14.7

Anyone had experience with Miele?

Peter 14.7

We have one in our PPOR that cleans brilliantly and hasn't had an issue in the nearly seven years we have had it.

I don't know how old it is but I notice there is a little service sticker with a 7 digit phone number on it so that would suggest it went in prior to 1998 (?) when we changed to eight digit numbers. So at least 15 years old...

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make 'em like they used to though! So hoping this one keeps going!

I've also been told to use Finish powder by dishwasher techs for other units. The powder is a lot cheaper than the tablets anyway.

Back