And a whole lot of tuna...again none caught by me

Attachments

• fishing photos 386.jpg
    fishing photos 386.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 95
  • fishing photos 387.jpg
    fishing photos 387.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 87
Just don't show the pics of the whaling boats conducting "scientific research".

It's interesting how they immediately cut up the whales when they get 'em on board, with those knives which are exactly like the ones the whale hunters use.

The biggest fish I ever caught was an 18" flathead...but it got away at the last minute.

I caught an eel in a dam as a kid that weighed 28lb . Apparently they live a long time and it may have been as old as my grandmother . I pulled it in with some old line and donked it's brains in with a piece of wood as I remember . It was very scary . I couldn't lift it off the ground so I dragged it back to the house and proudly showed it to my mother !

Flicking for long tail tuna and
Tolling for Marlin but jagged a Dolphin fish.

Yes, people do get me confused with a member of the A Team.

Attachments

• Longtail Tuna modified.jpg
    Longtail Tuna modified.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Mahi Mahi modified.jpg
    Mahi Mahi modified.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 62
That's a lot of tuna!

Where were they caught?

Browns mountain off Sydney.

"Browns Mountain, 22 nautical miles (40 kilometres) east-south-east of Sydney Heads, is just over an hour away. However, the planning for our underwater assault had taken weeks and there were further weeks of weather watching. Even in a big boat, sea mountains aren't the best place to be caught in a storm. Please don't try this in your runabout."

Browns mountain off Sydney.

"Browns Mountain, 22 nautical miles (40 kilometres) east-south-east of Sydney Heads, is just over an hour away. However, the planning for our underwater assault had taken weeks and there were further weeks of weather watching. Even in a big boat, sea mountains aren't the best place to be caught in a storm. Please don't try this in your runabout."

Nice!! What sort of boat was that from?

Nice!! What sort of boat was that from?

Wasn't on the boat...these were caught by a friend. Its a 24 foot centre console fishing boat...totally impractical for much else.

Its land-based stuff I do...mainly blackfish, recently bream and trevally. I want to know of a good safe spot to fish for drummer in/near Sydney.

Back