Urgent - need to find a photo scanner

Hi All

Have an urgent need to find a scanner that will do multiple photo's at once and then with appropriate software split them into individual files.

If anybody is an expert or previous experience please share.

Cheers

Needs to be able to take pages from photo album and separate out the individual pic's

Do you mean that you want to feed in a stack of photos - where there's one image per print - and have each image make a different file? Just about any modern scanner can do that.

Or do you mean that you have a page full of multiple images, and want the software to do edge detection and split each page scan into multiple files?

Do you mean that you want to feed in a stack of photos - where there's one image per print - and have each image make a different file? Just about any modern scanner can do that.

Or do you mean that you have a page full of multiple images, and want the software to do edge detection and split each page scan into multiple files?

Must have been amending my post while you were asking the question.

It is taken a huge amount of time to separate the pic's once I scan in the page of multiples. They are stuck on and we have damaged some trying to remove them from the page thus I want something (software associated with the scanner) that separates the pic's from the same page into multiple files.

Cheers

Hi All

Have an urgent need to find a scanner that will do multiple photo's at once and then with appropriate software split them into individual files.

If anybody is an expert or previous experience please share.

Cheers

Needs to be able to take pages from photo album and separate out the individual pic's

If the final quality requirements are low, just use a camera to photograph the photos. Phone would be fine.

I do this with old photo albums that I've borrowed.

I just scan the whole page and save as a single file. Later I crop and save individual photos from that page.

This needs to be done in Photoshop and careful attention made to file size of each individual crop (photo) saved.

What is the end goal for this exercise, simple storage or to print out maybe larger?

It would depends on the quality of the photos you want after you have scanned/saved them on our computer.

If quality is not that important then you can just use your phone to take pictures of them and email them to your computer where you can use software to separate them.

For software I would use GIMP as mentioned above (it's free). Unless you have Photoshop and know how to use it. I use Photoshop. It would cause you too much headache to figure how to do it on Photoshop if it's for a once off use.

Cheers

Andrew

Use PIC Scanner software (free or very cheap) on ipad or even newer iphones.

Can photograph several photos at once with white separation between each and it will scan and sort them into separate files.

Back