flooring insulation

Hi,
We're thinking of getting our timber floor insulated /underlayed. It's a clad home.
Any suggestion/recommendation on insulation type, price, company, etc.? I'm reading up about foam panels, foam spraying?, foam injecting. I have no idea.:confused:

Thanks.

Do you have good sub-floor access? This will be necessary if you are to install or apply anything from below. I'd suggest one of the rigid board insulations but just go with the supplier recommendations.

I think about insulating the floor of my PPOR every winter. The furthest I get is thinking about it. It's something best done during the building process.

Rigid boards between the joists work - from my research. But they require good access for retrofitting.

Aircell (and similar) is something usually used as sarking. It can also be used under the floor. It's easy to drag under a house and stapel to the underside of the joists. Coverage is around 30sqm per roll and a roll is about $250.

I don't like the foam sprays etc because it's impossible to check for termites.

Thank goodness it's August. Only another 4 weeks or so and I can stop thinking about it till next winter.

Scott

Back