Forum via Phone

Hi,

I'm trying to access the somersoft forum via phone. (Samsung Galaxy S)

I can view the forum as a visitor but logging in doesn't seem to work.

Punch in my user name & password, it says "welcome to ss...."

Then returns me to the home page as if I'm still a guest.

When you scroll to the bottom it shows me as an active user but I don't have the logged in fuctionaility.

Any suggestions?

Could it be a cookies or security settings issue? I'm not able to comment specifically, never had any issues on the iPhone with safari browser.

Do you have cookies enabled? If not, make sure you enable them.

If you do have cookies enabled, it might be a corrupt cookie causing problems.

Go to this page on your phone: http://www.somersoft.com/forums/mycookies.php

... select all the cookies and then click "Delete my cookies". This will delete only cookies from this site and won't touch any other cookies on your phone.

You'll then need to log in again.

cookie-monster_with_text.jpg

posted via mobile

Just logged on with HTC desire no dramas at all took me a couple of go's before I cotton on not to hit enter after username but to get the password in also

Yeah, no need to go and buy another phone, be it a nokia, lg, samsung, sony, or whatever, you can just try another browser, lots out there to choose from....

Or if you search or ask on a mobile phone forum, you'll recieve some expert yet free advice, maybe it's just a security setting on the phone!

God bless the internet, soon we'll be able to download houses and cars, free :cool:

Sim any other suggestions? I've just tried going back in again with the same issue's. Even clearing the cookies doesn't work.

Could be a caching issue. I have no experience with that phone or the browser it uses, so I can't make any suggestions.

Back