France terrorist atrocity.

When did SS become a place to always argue about politics, religion and race?

You mustn't visit here very often? It's the coffee lounge. It's been happening ever since I've been here. It even says,

"Come on in, chat about anything... just don't spill the coffee on the keyboard ! Tea and Hot Chocolate also served".

Mate, if you don't like it, don't click on it for flips sake! It's all very simple!

See ya's.

3 wacko's this time? 3 lone wolfs? The Martin Place wacko was one lone wolf? Nothing to do with islam? OK? Whatever? Shouting Allaha Akbar!

These blokes were muslims, raised as muslims, lived in muslim suburbs of Paris, shouting muslim rantings as they slaughtered their victims.

It's starting to look like a joke every time someone tries to say islam has nothing to do with these atrocities?

I feel sorry for the moderate muslims. However the moderate muslims are irrelevant. It's the nutters that matter and the nutters are muslims, plain and simple.

See ya's.
You're always quick to put Muslims down, every time a crime is committed by Muslims. Yet there are thousands of shootings every day in the US, possibly the most Christianised western nation today. Massacres are commonplace yet rarely raise an eyebrow. Thousands of people are killed every year in the Catholic nation of Mexico. Recently 42 students were disappeared just near Acapulco, for protesting peacefully, yet we barely heard about that.

But every time a Muslim is involved the press goes wild.

It couldn't possibly be that there's an anti Muslim bias in the press though.

These French terrorists were highly trained killers.....they were so highly trained that they left their identity card in the getaway car lol....perhaps as a decoy lol

That's true, but in all the examples in your post, none of the atrocities are committed in the name of religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Sikh_temple_shooting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

April 2, 2012. A former student, 43-year-old One L. Goh killed 7 people at Oikos University, a Korean Christian college in Oakland, CA. The shooting was the sixth-deadliest school massacre in the US and the deadliest attack on a school since the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre.

March 12, 2005. A Living Church of God meeting was gunned down by 44-year-old church member Terry Michael Ratzmann at a Sheraton hotel in Brookfield, WI. Ratzmann was thought to have had religious motivations, and killed himself after executing the pastor, the pastor?s 16-year-old son, and 7 others. Four were wounded.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-a...ks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men

Not American, but may as well add it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

Whenever we hear about atrocities like the ones above, *not one* person on SS makes a connection to Christianity. However, if something might even remotely be linked to Islam, suddenly all the Andrew Bolt bobble heads rise up to point fingers.

Religion has been the cause of more hatred, suffering and death than any other ideology in history. That's all religions, not just Islam or Christianity or whatever, every religion is guilty.

Religion has been the best crowd control tool this world has and ever will see. Very disheartening to hear the news in France, RIP to the victims.

the only reason people make a fuss of it is because the newspaper published some cartoons.

if it was some nutter shooting random people at McDonalds, people would stop caring in about a week or so.

You're always quick to put Muslims down, every time a crime is committed by Muslims. Yet there are thousands of shootings every day in the US, possibly the most Christianised western nation today. .

You kind hearted people who defend islam are defending the moderates. As everyone should. When I'm attacking them I'm attacking the nutters. It's like we are not even talking about the same people, and we aren't?

I really do feel for the moderates, and they must just cringe in horror when ever some nutter does another atrocity in the name of Muhammad.

See ya's.

I hate how people say these people are nutters. It actually makes them all look like uncompromising left wing apologist that have no answer to fix the problem. If there is criminals/extreamists within any organization that organization and community should be pressured into flushing the people out. This is regardless of whether the "bad guys" are Mexican drug cartel members, Russian marfia, Bikies or Dare I say it, religiously motivated.

You're always quick to put Muslims down, every time a crime is committed by Muslims. Yet there are thousands of shootings every day in the US, possibly the most Christianised western nation today. Massacres are commonplace yet rarely raise an eyebrow. Thousands of people are killed every year in the Catholic nation of Mexico. Recently 42 students were disappeared just near Acapulco, for protesting peacefully, yet we barely heard about that.

But every time a Muslim is involved the press goes wild.

It couldn't possibly be that there's an anti Muslim bias in the press though.

Yeah, the press never goes wild when there are non-muslim-terrorist massacares.:rolleyes:

Whenever we hear about atrocities like the ones above, *not one* person on SS makes a connection to Christianity. However, if something might even remotely be linked to Islam, suddenly all the Andrew Bolt bobble heads rise up to point fingers.

Christianity comes in for criticism on SS, whatever that means as SS isn't a big sample of our society. In the wider society fingers are pointed at Chrisianity regularly (and rightly so):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sexual_abuse_cases_in_Australia.

There's no point putting our heads in the sand about what happened. From what I'm seeing these two (or three) guys are muslim and driven by "defending the honour" of their religion. That doesn't mean I want to see all muslims persecuted, not even close, but we shouldn't tip-toe around the facts.

the only reason people make a fuss of it is because the newspaper published some cartoons.

if it was some nutter shooting random people at McDonalds, people would stop caring in about a week or so.

People probably will forget about it in a week or so. Just like you don't see any reports about the Martin place attack on the news anymore and that happened less than a month ago. If these two guys are caught soon I wouldn't be suprised if this story is out of the news in a week or so as well.

The police and intelligence agencies have specific tasks forces set up to combat community groups that are acting unlawfully. They have interpreters and cultural awareness training to deal with people who are originally from other countries. This is what is needed to help prevent all crime, not some broad brushed everyone is equal approach.

You mustn't visit here very often? It's the coffee lounge. It's been happening ever since I've been here. It even says,

I visit somersoft like a religion and quite frankly, it appears there are too many keyboard warriors on the forum these days.

Always? I see one or two threads on subjects like this out of hundreds of property ones? Some of us are fully invested already... IYKWIM.

I have no idea what IYKWIM means, and I don't care to know.

Just from quick check...

Started in jest, Which some people turned into racial debate

I hate how people say these people are nutters. It actually makes them all look like uncompromising left wing apologist that have no answer to fix the problem. If there is criminals/extreamists within any organization that organization and community should be pressured into flushing the people out. This is regardless of whether the "bad guys" are Mexican drug cartel members, Russian marfia, Bikies or Dare I say it, religiously motivated.
But how widely do you define the group? If the bad guys are "Mexican drug cartel members", is the group you consider responsible for eradicating them:
  • other members of their cartel,
  • members of any Mexican drug cartel,
  • members of Mexican cartels (whether drug or non-drug),
  • members of Latin-American drug cartels,
  • members of Latin-American cartels (whether drug or non-drug),
  • all Mexicans,
  • all Latin Americans,
  • members of drug cartels anywhere,
  • members of cartels (whether drug or non-drug) anywhere,
  • all humans? or
  • one of the definitions I've missed.

I visit somersoft like a religion and quite frankly, it appears there are too many keyboard warriors on the forum these days.

I have no idea what IYKWIM means, and I don't care to know.

Just from quick check...

Started in jest, Which some people turned into racial debate

IYKWIM = If you know what I mean

I know people have deep convictions which include religious ones. I have them too. (I have restrained from this particular debate.) What would someone do if something unfair is spoken about your beliefs? The civic thing to do is to provide some information to disabuse the misinformation. Sometimes it takes more than just one posting to communicate the information properly. For bystanders this seems like trifling and debate. Well it is better to have this peaceful avenue and freedom of discourse than to stifle debate and allow the victims to suffer unjust denigration, or worse still allow the dark sides of reprisal to emerge through violence and revenge.

Peace :)

Religion has been the cause of more hatred, suffering and death than any other ideology in history. That's all religions, not just Islam or Christianity or whatever, every religion is guilty.

Perhaps because by comparison there are so few atrocities committed with connections to Christianity? So you linked a couple of examples - if I were to search for examples with links to Islam, the list would be far longer.

However I'll agree with you on religion as a whole. The cause of more misery in the world than anything else.

What do you think that the Jains and Universal Unitarians are guilty of?

Back