Frankston PM

Hi Sitting Bull,

This all sounds very familiar to the problems I had with MPRE. I have since changed to Andrew Milne Real Estate. Cathy is the property manager there. She has brought my tenants into line, and they are now up to date with their rental payments. MPRE let them get away with way too much. Give her a try. She returns all calls, is strict with the tenants and handles everything in a very professional manner.

Whatever you do get rid of MPRE. Besides their staff seem to have no problems leaving them, why should us landlords stay with them!! ;)

Best Wishes, Jason.

Thanks Jason,

A few have now recommended them, I called Thursday morning and left my details with the receptionist. He assured me that Kathy would call me straight back and im yet to hear from her. Not a good start.

Could be worse, when I purchased the IP I called Stockdale & Leggo to come and inspect the property for a rental estimate, they called me 3 months later. I couldnt help but laugh when she called.

Thanks Jason,

A few have now recommended them, I called Thursday morning and left my details with the receptionist. He assured me that Kathy would call me straight back and im yet to hear from her. Not a good start.

No, I would agree Sitting Bull. Can't explain the delay. Anyway, I have found that she has returned my calls, and has followed up on things promptly. 9 times out of 10 I can speak to her directly when I call.

All the best in your hunt for a PM!

Regards Jason.

Thanks Jason,

Hi Bernard,

Just to update you. I have had two properties with MPRE with tenants who were badly in arrears. Since changing over to Andrew Milne Real Estate, Cathy, the property manager has brought them right back into line. They are now paying on time. I can not speak highly enough of Andrew Milne's service. Cathy calls me regularly to update me on the progress of the tenants and properties. I would suggest you give them a try. You will be delighted with the service. This is something which is greatly missing from MPRE!

Regards Jason.

Hi Jason,

I called Cathy and left a message over a week ago now and still waiting for reply. No ones that busy.

To be honest with you, if she called now I dont think she could convince me to let her manage my IP.

I agree that MPRE are shocking so Im still going to change but il have to spend a little more time finding the right PM.

Thanks again for your help,

Bernard

A friend of mine uses Wilson Pride and she has her issues with them.

I use Crowders and have had my issues with them in the past. But having said that I have used them for 7 yrs now. My experiences overall has been positive and I have yet had to speak to one of the Crowders who run the company. Having multiple properties i get a competitive rate. Give them a call.

Thanks Toony,

I will definately give them a call. The lease runs out in June so still got a couple of months to shop around.

Must admit im pretty disappointed with Cathy from A Milne RE after so many spoke so highly of her.

Thanks again,

Bernard

Hey guys,

Was after an update of people's experiences over the past 12 months or so.

Looking to rent out a recently purchased property in Frankston and was after some further recommendations of property managers.

I'm gathering to stay well clear of MPRE!

Any further advice would be much appreciated.

I have been with Wentworth Crowders for the last 7 years and they are now like a caged chickens.

There is no personal service, I get vmail (No messages) and I have two PM's when the properties are only 2 streets apart.

I am looking elsewhere.

Im with Century 21. Ive only been with them for a few moths so cant really comment too much but so far so good. Good rates, found tenants quickly, always return phone calls etc. But like I said, its only been a few months so they have yet to be tested with anything major (hopefully it stays that way for both of us).

If you are still looking for a property manager in Frankston area - talk to Andrew Milne Real Estate, I have been dealing with them for some time now and have nothing but good things to say about them, I was recommended to them and the PM (Cathy) has always done an exceptional job - very happy and love their work.

hi, mine is with hocking stuart, i bought the house from andrew milne, and andrew already been wanting to manage to property from the start, even send some prospective tenant over before i sign anything.

anyway, i am in my first month, and yet to receive my second month rent, heard nothing from HS so far, so i presume everything is ok.

Try AM, as i speak couple of times with her, and it seems like she is good as well.

Another bad experience with MPRE:
trying to get a rental estimate from their rental dept for a prop about to settle from them, and no response for 2 days now !!
Not even thinking of letting them manage once I do settle

I'll try Andrew Milne, and what about Ray white Langwarrin ?anybody use them

I am currently having a nightmare experience with Abel Real Estate Frankston. I am not sure who to go with after reading everyone else's comments! If I decide to PM myself, what should I do about a contract, as the current tenants have signed until September 2009. Do I write up another contrat myself? How would go about this?

I'm with Dawes First National at the moment. In the span of 6 months I've had 3 different property managers. They have staff turning over quite constantly and it worries me that their property management department might be in a bit of strife.

However they are so far so good and i'm in the process of getting a new tenant at the moment. If they manage to pull off getting me a decent tenant, then I'll stay on. If its not good, then I'm going to have to take my business elsewhere.

Competent property managers disappear very fast in Frankston, or you have to pay more for better quality management!

I just noticed Dawes First National renamed their company to First National Real Estate - Baycity. Wonder why they changed names? Maybe Shane Dawes has sold his stake of the business.

Back