Free One day workshop in Melbourne by Results Mentoring

I went to the Sydney one last weekend. It was quite interesting.

Bit of selling but not to bad. The main sell push was after the afternoon break. A few people left at that break. ;)

Nothings for free.....

Please feedback what properties they are spruiking...

No properties. They are promoting their mentoring system.

But it's not a bad day. They give their prediction of where major cities are headed and how to pick suburbs to invest in.

I bailed after a few hours. It was like one great long infomercial in real life. I knew it was going to be a sales pitch but didn't realise it would be that heavy going.

My notes from the session:

Capital city outlooks
  • Brisbane - unit market will underperform housing. 1/3 of property to boom in what I assume was the next 12 months.
  • Adelaide to boom - housing to outperform units
  • Sydney - cooling off
  • Melbourne - 1/3 of property to boom - improving market in 2015
  • Perth - will perform poorly in 2015

Their spiel:
Don't focus on cash flow at all. Look to make money by timing the market. Get in pre boom and sell at the end of the boom (on a suburb by suburb basis). To time the market you use their boom property investing system which "retails for $2000, but today you can get for $1000, and $900 if you sign the order form by the end of lunch" (literally). Their system highlights the current supply/demand state of a suburb (booming, sellers market, neutral, buyers market, stressed) from which you are supposed to monitor and time your entry/exit. Their calculation for the market stage is based on the below supply/demand calculation that they ran us through.

Supply/demand ratio calculation:
Find total number of properties sold in a given suburb in past 12 months (property mags)
Find the number of current listings for a given suburb currently (realestate.com.au)
Formula: Total sold / Number of current listings
The idea is to buy in a neutral market ( 1:1, 2:1 or 1:2), ride out the inevitable boom (where the demand is outstripping supply), then sell when the ratio tapers back closer to 1:1.

I don't believe in shortcuts so I left. Are any of the free seminars ever worth attending?

I was there at the Sydney's one and thought they provided some useful if not particularly earth shattering info. I've come across John Linddeman's ratio a few times in the past 3-6 months and have found it to be quite interesting. Does anyone else have any feedback on this ratio and the seminar in general? I would like to discuss further if anyone else has anything to add.

I was there at the Sydney's one and thought they provided some useful if not particularly earth shattering info. I've come across John Linddeman's ratio a few times in the past 3-6 months and have found it to be quite interesting. Does anyone else have any feedback on this ratio and the seminar in general? I would like to discuss further if anyone else has anything to add.

There's actually a recent thread about it somewhere. Search for Lindemann and you should find it.

Back