Friday night again why are we here?

I have an assault charge dragging through court atm, so I don't drink or go out because having multiple charges at the one time would not help my chances of getting off.

If you are successful you might get as far as leaving a deposit!

...do you reckon Rob is good for stumping up the deposit himself, or will he need to withdraw from his broker first ??

You never know, he might hit the jackpot down at the CWA convention hall and get into a bit of X-coll.

I'm on the net on a Friday night coz I'm sick of going to the same grotty pub with the same ppl every weekend and getting hit on by sleazy FIFO contractors who think quoting their after tax salary will get them laid. Well it will, but not by me.

Oh the joys of living in a mining town...

Was going to visit Karratha this w/end but cyclone warning put paid to that so it is internet, DVDs and books instead.

Ahh it's an easy night tonight visiting my mum who lives with my sister and her family. We've just got home (wife and gen X daughter) so gravitated to SS but I have to do some flight planning for an ultralight fly tomorrow at Narrogin. I always come home on a high after flying - a bit like after acquiring a new IP really.

Pud

hit on by sleazy FIFO contractors

Hey,

I resemble that remark.........:rolleyes:

Wait till red alert and you get locked up....:p

I flew out last night..........with any luck the strip at Boolgeeda will be too wet for the Fokker 50 on Wednesday arvo..........

Feel sorry for my comms and civils offsiders though..........miles of FOC still completely stuffed, bridges & track still under repair and hopefully not about to be washed away again.

ciao

Nor

I've been somewhat successful with my real estate strategy. Maybe it can be applied elsewhere. I'll let you know how I get on, if your'e interested.

Of course we are interested, in fact we think you should start a new coffee lounge diary thread so that you can keep us all informed and then we can tell you where you are going wrong!

Shame you are nowhere near natmarie - hey are there any intelligent young ladies in Adelaide that might fancy giving Rob a whirl?

...do you reckon Rob is good for stumping up the deposit himself, or will he need to withdraw from his broker first ??

You never know, he might hit the jackpot down at the CWA convention hall and get into a bit of X-coll.

How funny!

I think you are right about the CWA hall though after all desperate times call for desperate measures and I hear there is a big demand for toyboys.

Shame you are nowhere near natmarie -

I'm already taken anyway.

There are quite a few lovely young ladies where I live who are single (and not on the game). Even at 8:1 odds they choose to remain single as all the decent guys are married already. Like they say, the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

I'm already taken anyway.

There are quite a few lovely young ladies where I live who are single (and not on the game). Even at 8:1 odds they choose to remain single as all the decent guys are married already. Like they say, the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Are you suggesting men are like parking spaces? Only the handicapped ones left!

Even at 8:1 odds they choose to remain single as all the decent guys are married already. Like they say, the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

With sweeping generalisations like that, I'm doomed. Seems the little light at the end of the tunnel was an oncoming train, after all :(

I have an assault charge dragging through court atm, so I don't drink or go out because having multiple charges at the one time would not help my chances of getting off.

???

Does this mean you can't go out without belting someone when you get a skinfull?

Are you suggesting men are like parking spaces? Only the handicapped ones left!

Of course not - everybody knows men are like public toilets - vacant, engaged or handicapped :D

Rob Williams said:
With sweeping generalisations like that, I'm doomed. Seems the little light at the end of the tunnel was an oncoming train, after all!
Nah not doomed, any half decent guy in this town gets snapped up pretty darn quickly. Of course, I'm assuming you're a half decent guy he he. The problem is that the majority of blokes down the pubs are FIFO contractors many of whom have wives and families back in Perth and are only looking for a bit on the side. Then again, for some gals, this isn't a problem at all.

On a serious note Rob, have you tried RSVP? I know lots of people who have used it (including myself in the past) who say that even if they didn't meet Mr or Ms Right they met lots of nice people and got to go out on dates.

???

Does this mean you can't go out without belting someone when you get a skinfull?

No, it's the first time I've ever been charged in my life. I just figure most fights and what not occur when there is alcohol involved so it's best to remove myself from the environment they occur in, 'cause even if I have to end up defending myself or whatever, they're gonna be less likely to believe me if I already have charges pending.

I've heard so many assault stories and what not, it really is up to the police who the charges get put on.. and it's like flipping a coin as a best case scenario, most of the time they'll put charges on whoever they dislike.

No, it's the first time I've ever been charged in my life. I just figure most fights and what not occur when there is alcohol involved so it's best to remove myself from the environment they occur in, 'cause even if I have to end up defending myself or whatever, they're gonna be less likely to believe me if I already have charges pending.

I've heard so many assault stories and what not, it really is up to the police who the charges get put on.. and it's like flipping a coin as a best case scenario, most of the time they'll put charges on whoever they dislike.

Weird; I've managed to go out and get on the p.i.s.s for most of my 30 drinking age adult years and avoid any of that sort of stuff.

Are you sure you're hangin' out with the right blokes and at the right pubs?

The Police usually put the charges on the guy/s who did it, or failing any evidence of that; on the guy who is the most obnoxious in the crowd - teach 'em a bit of a lesson for showing no respect.

It's a pity they outlawed the "phonebook" technique in those situations. Save a lot of court expense and time.

my friday night

Well its saturday avo, just found the friday night postings as this is my friday night. Pulled a 12hr night shift (friday) 7pm to 7 30am,

Started the shift looking after a older chap on life support, for a few hrs, then the team leader moved me to help help another staff member (due to my great skills:cool:) to rescusitate a new patient for the next 3 + hours (touch & go ) then had a quick break. Dieting so no chokky or coke....
Recieved another new admission who had multiple fractures post being
T -boned by a truck...(truck V's car...truck won).
Chopper was landing as I was leaving work with some more MVA's from a country hospital. For the next shift.
Came home and a few hours kip...
Now.... large latte and my new friend SS.......;)

Last edited:
Back