From Kwinana Station to Warnbro

Just after some info please. If I was to look at property/land in these areas (I know it's a fair distance) and compare them to property/land of equal size and distance to CBD NOR they seem to be very cheap. I'm not from the area so would have no idea why. I do plan on making a visit in about 10 weeks but... Am I wasting my time starting some research?

I am looking for my first IP to rent out at neutral geared. And hoping that land/rent goes up over time. I am fed up of having cash in the bank with terrible interest rates but don't like to risk my hard earned cash too much

Thanks in advance

The entire Kwinana region has predominantly been a lower socio-economic area. There has been some gentrification but there is a long way to go. Despite that, I find it reasonably pleasant with wide roads and lots of leafy trees. The public schools in this area have a bad name.

There has been talk of a huge industrial estate going ahead for years. If it actually ever does go ahead, my bets are that property prices will surge.

Warnbro has quite a variety of properties from little sections that make me feel claustrophobic - wouldn't go near there with a barge pole (eg the area bounded by swallowtail parade) - to seaside mansions. Makes it hard for an investor to know what's good value or not unless you know the area really well.

Baldivis / Wellard / Bertram has acres and acres of new development. Great place to live if you have a growing little family. Any new house would have plenty of competition to be rented out, though.

Sureline.....

Back