Fun selling my property with a good agent

Hi all,

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict I'm going to have fun selling our PPOR. I'm not saying I'll get a fanfabulous price in this market, but my first impressions with my RE agent are looking very promising.

Theodore Roosevelt said, "The best businessman is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it"

I'm not a businessman (yet) by any stretch, but I lucked out and found a gem. We had been looking to buy in our area, and one agent was kind, genuine, listened well and wasn't pushy. When we decided on our selling agent, I looked him up again and when he came over for a chat, he won my trust (which is hard to do). :eek:

The thing that clinched it was when I asked him, "Do you believe people decide to buy a property based on the agent? Because we'll drop a property if the agent is an absolute jerk.". He was in the middle of his presentation on the marketing approach and said, "Wait...I'll get to that". In the back of the presentation was scanned eight thank you emails, letters and cards from 7 vendors and even 1 buyer. The buyer's letter thanked Jack for making the purchase easy and that his good impression "hastened their desire to buy". That's the kind of agent I want.

I once heard Peter Spann talk about a fantastic agent he knew in Qld, but I thought they were as rare as rare can be. Well, I think I found one. He's been in the business 20 years and seems to be able to do velvet-covered-brick with a touch of white-glove customer service very, very well.

I hope we get a better than average price. Even then, it's going to be much less stressful than I had feared. If we get a stellar price, I'll let people know who the agent is. :D

Jireh

Back