Funny As!

http://www.news.com.au/business/money/story/0,28323,24793686-14327,00.html

Glad i use agents and dont try self manage....

Furious Gold Coast tenant 'locked up agent'

The Courier-Mail
December 13, 2008 08:12am
Text size
+ - Print Email Share Add to MySpace Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Fark Post to Facebook Add to Kwoff What are these? A MAN vented his frustration over a bond dispute by chaining and padlocking the doors of a real estate agency, a court has been told.
Michael Benjamin Dugan, 35, faces a stalking charge over an incident at the Ray White Real Estate Agent at Southport on the Gold Coast yesterday.

Police allege Mr Dugan used a chain and padlock to barricade the doors, trapping 17 agency employees inside.

Southport Magistrates Court was told Mr Dugan's frustrations stemmed from a dispute over a $1400 bond.

His lawyer Claire Boothman told the court that Mr Dugan, who did not enter a plea, knew what he had done was wrong.

"He can see he's taken things way too far and it's not the way to have his money returned to him," she said.

Police said the object of Mr Dugan's frustrations was his agent Sarah Welsh, which is why they had laid a stalking charge.

Ms Boothman said Mr Dugan had become frustrated over the agent's apparent reluctance to return his bond over a two-month period.

Magistrate Ron Kilner granted Mr Dugan's bail application but ordered him to surrender weapons found at his home including a spear gun and a slingshot.

I wonder if they were trapped as in "If there's a fire in here, we're all going to die." or only trapped as in "I don't want to break a nail climbing through that window.".

god i hope that never happens in our office - we have only have one window next to the back door and it is screwed shut. so even if there was a fire we would be trapped.

I always remember a story one of the other PM's in my area told me where she was chased down the street by a tenant on his bike while he smacked her in the back of the head... he was angry because she wouldn't stop calling him about his arrears.

i remember last year in Logan what i was in qld i heard on the local radio, i think it was elders, a tenant was angry and came in and shot recptionist in the face.... some people are nutters.

Maybe the future of resi property is to self manage, and use the savings from not employing a PM towards employing an on-call, very big, and very bad dude (or dudes) to collect rent and settle disputes. ;)

i remember last year in Logan what i was in qld i heard on the local radio, i think it was elders, a tenant was angry and came in and shot recptionist in the face.... some people are nutters.

That was really sad, 2 months before that happened I worked upstairs from there.

Back