Further rate cutes for westpac coming

Hi guys.

Was signing my loan documents yesterday with Westpac 4.99% fixed for 3 years and having a chat with my contact from Westpac.

He said to expect a decrease in the 3 & 5 year fixed rates shortly, he said that the drops won't be as good at the 4.99% for 3 years.

So those looking for a drop in the 5 year rates watch this space.

Rumour has it (actually better than a rumour) CBA's fixed rates will be dropping next week in line with the level of the other 3. About time, don't know why they've been > 7% when everyone else was cutting.

Still, I'm looking to fix for 5 yrs below 6%. I'd go nuts if I could get sub 5% for 5 yrs but dont think it'll happen...if it did, I'm sure things would be looking very dreary indeed.

I spoke with a broker I know yesterday and he said that there will be 5 year rates in the next couple of weeks with a 5 in front of them. That should tempt a few!!

CBA still not good enough...

CBA have announced their rate cuts as of Monday 15/1 it is 5.99% for 3 years and 6.49% for 5 years.

Still not as competitive as Westpac. I am fully excited by the above rumour of Westpac adjusting their rates again.

Noel

I spoke with a broker I know yesterday and he said that there will be 5 year rates in the next couple of weeks with a 5 in front of them. That should tempt a few!!

Hopefully its one of the big 4. I'd rather all the banks dropped their rates moderately / proportionally than one being spectacular. Don't really want to refi and end up having majority of holdings with 1 bank.

quietly salavating as all are currently on variable and being refinanced - some with westpac and some with cba ...

anything with a 5 in front and we're positive all the way home. yeah baby!

I want westpac 10 year rate to hit 6%. Not because it makes or breaks the deal. I guess it just sweetens the deal and gets me chasing property more.

But bloody hell i wish i didnt lock my IP loan in at 7.25 % for 5 years( Three to go ). But i guess its about payment certainty not beating the system.

On the upside my IP repayments are now $450 per month :D

Well Happy Birthday for then!

That means there has to be a big fat fall in rates - how many birthdays, are we allowed to know?

why is it CBA has such lame fixed rates?

I'm not looking at fixing at the moment, but it is concerning to see their fixed rates so un-competitive.

Back