Future Sydney

Hey guys,

Recently had an experience with a 'family friend' who works for a 'property investing alliance'. Ended up to be selling OTP properties in large blocks of 100+ with 5% rental guarantees, the company purports to be "taking the headache out of property investing for investors".

Whilst I disagree with this concept entirely, something I did extract from the session however, was the fact that the person was highly focused on buying in areas around Sydney where the government has decided to inject money and he was talking about future infrastructure in Sydney. In particular, he alluded to the fact that future Sydney will have 5-6 major population areas which can be seen in NSW Planning Document in the following link:

http://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=8ePbQetA4oQ=&tabid=366&language=en-US

The following map also envisiges a Sydney in 2031 (only 19 years away - hopefully that will be the stage of retirement for most of us) showing an "economic corridor" with expansions to future motorways, light rail and other infrastructure. Wondering if this could work on the principle of investing in locations where government will be planning to spend money. Got me also thinking regarding the importance of looking at infrastructure.

In short, do you guys think this has any significance?

If you're a company looking at broad acre subdivisions , maybe , or land banking acreage , maybe . Eg buying a ten acre block to live on with a long term time frame.

My personal preference is to buy in areas where there isn't ready access to large amounts of developable land.

Cliff

Back