Gallery by Crown, Parramatta

I've just seen a 3br unit at the 8 cowper street apartment as my PPOR.
I think the complex has quite unique facilities (e.g. library, massage room, etc) and I could easily rent out 1 br.
However, the price is in mid 500k and strata levy is 1200pq.

1. Has anyone seen this complex/area ? what are the pros and cons ?
2. About the developer, Crown, their past portfolios include very modern and fancy apartments. Your thoughts? will they be the next Mirvac ?

Yes Streetie, Im also comparing the same kind of apartments (NOT houses). Most apartments with swimming pool are at least 800+ without massage room :)

Perhaps, what do u think about the location ?

I've just seen a 3br unit at the 8 cowper street apartment as my PPOR.
I think the complex has quite unique facilities (e.g. library, massage room, etc) and I could easily rent out 1 br.
However, the price is in mid 500k and strata levy is 1200pq.

1. Has anyone seen this complex/area ? what are the pros and cons ?
2. About the developer, Crown, their past portfolios include very modern and fancy apartments. Your thoughts? will they be the next Mirvac ?

Pros and cons are different for everybody - especially when you're talking about a PPOR.

You seem to be looking all over Sydney for a PPOR or IP without any particular focus.....have you figured out what and why you want to purchase?

Hi Newbie,

Thanks for checking...

Probably you may have seen my previous queries on a wide range of Sydney.
So, I've just been actively looking for my first property for about 4mths now and living in Maroubra since I arrived in Sydney.

Budget: buy up to 550k. Currently paying rent 470pw.
Purpose: 2-3 bedroom unit for PPOR.
Location: <700m to public transport and local fresh food market (or Harris Farm, Coles,etc)
Timeline: settlement before 2012 (I know it's abit rush now)

So far, here is my searching pattern in order...
1. Maroubra, Kingsford, Randwick and around eastern suburb.
2. Northen suburbs: Chatswood, Lane Cove, Macquarie Park -> close to my work.
Remarks on #1 and #2: Limited stock for my price range (perhaps no luck yet)

3. Parramatta CBD.
Remarks: This may be the better choice by far.Put in 2 offers but they were snatched out by other buyers quickly.

In terms of suburb, I'm now focusing on mainly Parramatta CBD (with Maroubra still on top of the list if something comes up).

Back to this thread, I'm interested in knowing the complex and developer as I'm not quite familiar with. On top of that, feel free to comment on the price&strata levy.
1. What do you think about the complex/area ?
2. What do you think about the developer, Crown Group ?
Their past portfolios include very modern and fancy apartments. Will they be the next Mirvac ?

Thanks again everyone.

My friend lives in this building ! Her and hubby are renting a 2 bed apartment and absolutely love it. Ive visited often and enjoyed the facilities including the beaut pool.

Parking is a bit of a problem in that area. They have one designated parking spot. Visitors have to park on the street which is metered (pay) monday to friday from approx 8am til 5pm.

Still, the location is great as its a short walk to Parramatta train station and Westfields too. I could very easily live there.

Went for second inspection on the property mentioned above. Found that water leakage from the roof (this is on level 8 in one of the newer block).

Went to inspect another unit in the same block. Found the similarity between the 2 units, they were rented out to students and condition is very messy :(

So we are now looking at the newly completed complex across the road...
Edit: it has lower strata fee (estimated around 600+ pq for 3br units).

Back