Garage Doors

I am looking for a double garage door with remote for my PPOR. I have a few quotes. I am not sure which make is best. So far the quotes for doors are manufactured either by Centurion or B&D. Does anyone have any suggestions ie which is a good manufacturer, after sales support etc?

Cheers

S

Hi sheiks,

We just installed a B&D roller door on our PPoR.. Great value and good service whilst installing. Don't know about the after sales service as it is working just tickety boo. Gave us 2 remotes, so both the wife and I click away without getting wet or cold now. Marvellous stuff.

Happt to recommend B&D. They were the cheapest of 4 quotes we obtained.

Our PPOR had a Steeline door in it when we bought it. It recently blew a controller card - the service people were great, and very reasonably priced.

Cheers,

The Y-man

We've also been looking at one for a property, one of the guys we spoke to was from a Contemporary Company and the price started at around $4,600 and eventually dropped to $2,700 for a double carport (no windows)

Not sure what the difference is between plastic sectional hinges and metal, though have been told plastic is less noisy :confused:

We didn't speak to this group below but were looking at something similar to the one on the left

apr_316.jpg

slightly OT, looking for a remote door transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter, I hate finding batteries that die, on blizzard days. (always on blizzard days)
anybody know one, or should I just cobble one together

Guys

Thanks for your responses so far. It's down to choosing between centurion with a 10 year warranty on a sectional door and 2 year warranty on the controller and sensor @ $2,100

OR

1 year warranty on the door with 5 year warranty on controller and sensor @ $2392

I am inclined to prefer the second option as I can't see the door going anywhere (both options have colorbond doors)..if anything the controller is likely to present problems in the medium-long run..That's my thinking anyway. Would appreciate other viewpoints though :)

Hi Sheiks
It may be worth getting a quote from The Australian Garage door company. They are in Malaga. They were a great deal cheaper than anyone else when we put the door on. Do negotiate down. Also we where strongly advised not to have a sectional door as it has many moving parts, springs etc They break down a lot more often and become quite noisy. We found the tilt a door the best choice.
Good luck
cheers yadreamin

We have had no issues with sectional door in a previous house and for ease of fitting, we have a roller door now. Sectional door next door is a bit noisy, and so was ours, but not a big issue.

Until recently we had two remotes which worked a treat until hubby left one in his pocket and it went through the washing machine. Not working now :(

We are a one car family, so one lived in the car and one lived upstairs so we could slide the gate open for visitors to park in our driveway without going downstairs to the car. The gate and garage door are both on the same remote, different buttons.... sweet;)

Wylie

I have 2 Double B&D roller doors
one for the garage and one
to enter the back yard from laneway
for about 10 years now
have no issues yet
came with 2 remotes each and
they have 2 buttons on remote (one button each door) so
both open with one remote

Thanks folks for all your input.

We've decided to go with Centurion. They have a 2 year installation warranty and 8 year structural warranty on sectional doors. The electronics is German with 5 year warranty....big factor in our decision because we are both very allergic to the chinese and taiwanese crap. 3 remotes thrown in..

Pricewise it's $8 dearer than B&D. :)

Once again appreciate your valuable suggestions. :D

Shakil

Back