gayness II

I can be your tenant then! I can also touch my nose with my tongue, if that helps.
Unfortunately, I also dont fit the stereotype that people who can roll their tongue are tidy, so I may not end up being the best tenant....

I can do both of those things too and I'm not neat either.

I reckon we've stumbled on a potentially dangerous category of tenant there savy landlords keep this in mind.

How stupid of me?! In all the years owning an IP in New Farm, I never once bothered to ask the sexual orientation of my tenants. Silly me... ;)

Now that is just a lack of due diligence. Have you checked if they can roll their tongue at least and don't forget the most important thing, whether they are left or right handed.

I can be your tenant then! I can also touch my nose with my tongue, if that helps.
Unfortunately, I also dont fit the stereotype that people who can roll their tongue are tidy, so I may not end up being the best tenant....

Now you know some of us are sitting here trying to do these things and look like idiots to people walking past. ;)

my dad could wiggle his ears..... very impressive, and we spent hours trying to do it, to no avail.

Well your Dad obvioulsy never told you what we members of the secret society of ear wigglers all know *gives secret handshake and a wink* - don't tell anyone, but it's all in the little muscles that you can feel in your cheeks (facial cheeks that is) at the very commencement of a little smile - try it - you say you've spent hours of your life trying to master an ear that wriggles, it will be more time well spent.

Oh, and as you will soon fulfill my tenant criteria, do you need a property to rent? ;)

Well your Dad obvioulsy never told you what we members of the secret society of ear wigglers all know *gives secret handshake and a wink* - don't tell anyone, but it's all in the little muscles that you can feel in your cheeks (facial cheeks that is) at the very commencement of a little smile - try it - you say you've spent hours of your life trying to master an ear that wriggles, it will be more time well spent.
Oh, and as you will soon fulfill my tenant criteria, do you need a property to rent? ;)

I think I've just found myself a new hobby. Sitting on the lounge trying and I think my ears have potential. Must remember not to do it on public transport though, otherwise I'll be that crazy person.

The site below mentions Sydney's pink triangle... but only mentions the suburbs of Surry Hills and Darlinghurst (and proximity to Oxford Street)

http://www.shortstays.net/gay-accommodation-sydney/gay-accommodation-sydney.htm

At least these two suburbs would be a start. I have an IP in Redfern. There are quite a few gay couples in this suburb. Also the Meriton apartments near Moore Park in Redfern/Waterloo (which also seem to be popular with Asians-mainly Chinese). Apart from these suburbs, I presume gay couples/gays live right throughout Sydney.

You could also generalise about where Asians like to live (or are overrepresented) in particlar areas of Sydney A start would be those suburbs where some of the shop signs are in Chinese characters (Haymarket/Ashfield/Hurstville/Chatswood etc). Not so sure this analysis helps you too much as a landlord.

You could also generalise about where Asians like to live (or are overrepresented) in particlar areas of Sydney A start would be those suburbs where some of the shop signs are in Chinese characters (Haymarket/Ashfield/Hurstville/Chatswood etc). Not so sure this analysis helps you too much as a landlord.
Well it's a bit easier to identify asians than it is with gay people, unless of course they're flambouyantly dressed or they demonstrate such behaviours. There isn't anything by way of signposting on building that will indicate whether they are gay or lesbian.

Asian communities are easier to pick, and Melbourne's asian pockets include Springvale, Box Hill, Richmond and parts of the CBD.

Well it's a bit easier to identify asians than it is with gay people, unless of course they're flambouyantly dressed or they demonstrate such behaviours. There isn't anything by way of signposting on building that will indicate whether they are gay or lesbian.

Asian communities are easier to pick, and Melbourne's asian pockets include Springvale, Box Hill, Richmond and parts of the CBD.

Yet I think the issue appears to be ebing able to agree that even if one were able to identify something like that.... is there actually any use they can put the information to, or is it just a nice story to read ?

Yet I think the issue appears to be ebing able to agree that even if one were able to identify something like that.... is there actually any use they can put the information to, or is it just a nice story to read ?
That's what I've been saying all along!! What's the point (of this thread)?? IMO it doesn't add any value to selecting tenants because of a certain category of people, so identifying a particular group's sexual orientation as far as I see it doesn't determine whether they will be better or worse occupants of a rental property!!

I mean really....

Does it really matter if your tenant chooses to sleep with the same sex partner, or if he/she prefers to holiday in Rome as opposed to Sunny Queensland, or if he/she eats with chopsticks instead of a knife and fork, or if he/she comes from a large family, or if......blah blah blah.

I don't care if my tenants are gay, lesbian or bi as long as they pay my rent and on time, they can be all of the above and then some!!! It's fine with me. :)

Late additon:
If the suggestion is that being gay or lesbian will affect the value of a property, I think that's an even bigger load of codswollop.

Last edited:
That's what I've been saying all along!! What's the point (of this thread)?? IMO it doesn't add any value to selecting tenants because of a certain category of people, so identifying a particular group's sexual orientation as far as I see it doesn't determine whether they will be better or worse occupants of a rental property!!

I mean really....

Does it really matter if your tenant chooses to sleep with the same sex partner, or if he/she prefers to holiday in Rome as opposed to Sunny Queensland, or if he/she eats with chopsticks instead of a knife and fork, or if he/she comes from a large family, or if......blah blah blah.

I don't care if my tenants are gay, lesbian or bi as long as they pay my rent and on time, they can be all of the above and then some!!! It's fine with me. :)

the whole point is trying to pick an area that will take off with a demographic that will 'gentrify', or push up prices in a suburb. certain populations have a greater capacity to do that (doctors, lawyers, maybe gays etc).

the whole point is trying to pick an area that will take off with a demographic that will 'gentrify', or push up prices in a suburb. certain populations have a greater capacity to do that (doctors, lawyers, maybe gays etc).
Refer to my "late addition"!!

Why don't we go for broke and look at gay asian doctors/lawyers who can make a quiche and are Master Chefs and Dancing with the Stars contestants in their spare time!!

Puleez.....:rolleyes:

P.S. Gentrification is about wealth not about personal life partner choices. Even as a straight person, the notion that gays could change the demographics simply because of their sexual orientation is even too ridiculous for me to digest!! There are MANY rich gays and there are equally as many POOR ones, but then I guess it's all in the colour and quality of the cravat or doc martins they sport!!!

Last edited:
We are in ALL suburbs and we are not all vain and demanding :D
Personally i think commercial road is a cesspit and no lesbian i know would live in northcote.

yes, we do live in all burbs, but it's undeniable that some burbs contain more of us than others. the point of my post was trying to id burbs where lesbians who didn't like northcote might buy/rent. IF lgbt people are more effluent then finding a burb that is the next 'northcote' might lead to good capital gains.

Refer to my "late addition"!!

Why don't we go for broke and look at gay asian doctors/lawyers who can make a quiche and are Master Chefs and Dancing with the Stars contestants in their spare time!!

Puleez.....:rolleyes:

P.S. Gentrification is about wealth not about personal life partner choices. Even as a straight person, the notion that gays could change the demographics simply because of their sexual orientation is even too ridiculous for me to digest!! There are MANY rich gays and there are equally as many POOR ones, but then I guess it's all in the colour and quality of the cravat or doc martins they sport!!!

2 + 2 = 7.5 ?

I think in trying to show ridicule the OP you're going a step too far yourself ?

yes, we do live in all burbs, but it's undeniable that some burbs contain more of us than others. the point of my post was trying to id burbs where lesbians who didn't like northcote might buy/rent. IF lgbt people are more effluent then finding a burb that is the next 'northcote' might lead to good capital gains.

Do you really think mthe concentration of where guys live is that high and restircited that it woudl maek a difference ?

Are you sure that the majority dont ljsut live scattered aroudn town livke evyrone else ?

Lets say, some young single people for example love the innercity so thaey can go shopping for coffees, clubbing and out to dinner and live wehre the action is ... but there's just as many of them dozen's of km's out of the CBD (?)

2 + 2 = 7.5 ?

I think in trying to show ridicule the OP you're going a step too far yourself ?
As someone pointed out to you last night (Sunfish I believe) did you have a problem reading what I said???

It's my opinion JC, and the notion is too "ridiculous" even for me to digest.

There is no ridicule of the OP, so you can sit down now before you hurt yourself.

Back