gayness II

Hehehe Grinder. Truly changing the gay dynamic; that app is.
I hear they are creating a version for straight people too. Somehow, I can't see that working as effectively... But I digress...

Stereotypes and debates over whether this post is offensive or not aside - I do kind of agree at minimum with the notion that gay/lesbian heavy neighborhoods/suburbs tend to fetch a higher price tag.

At risk of upsetting anyone here (straight or gay); let's be honest; gay and lesbian folk are (at least perceived to be) less threatening than others in society. It goes to say then that there could be a perception in society that gay areas are 'safe' areas; couple with the notion that gay areas are 'trendy/pretty' areas. Regardless of whether this is true or not, the perception it self does add value and prestige and value.

It's certainly not noteworthy enough to base an entire investment property procurement decision on, but if all the other boxes are ticked on a prospective IP and it also happens to be in a gay-friendly suburb... well... It certainly can't hurt it!!!

Back