Geek advice required

Okay Brains Trust

I need a really easy to understand, plain English explanation on how to upload to Youtube, ie, Step one: press X ... Step two ...

My daughter made a really good stop motion video that I'd like to share with family, so she set herself up an account and uploaded to Youtube.

Problem is - the video has gone from being detailed and smooth to jerky and amaturish. Almost like only 1 out of every 4 frames uploaded.

She has an Apple Air and uses Chrome (school computer) and made it in frame by frame ... I use a Toshiba with windows, so have no idea.

I can't even seem to download it to a data stick to transfer it to my computer as there is no "right click - save to" option

We only have internet via Wifi USB stick.

Thanks in advance :D

Sounds like the conversion from the original video format to the youtube one got stuffed up since its not a usual video shoot. What is the original file format and what software your daughter used to piece together the video?

The original format is (name).mov which is one of the recommended formats - but perhaps it's not the best for stop motion.

Does that help? Do we need to change the format - if so, how?

I am not expert on video editing, but I think .mov are quick time movies and should have be default 24 frames per second. Not sure how the stop motion video is compiled

Normally when I prepare user guides at work. For quick docs, its either a word or powerpoint slides or wiki page with screenshots to illustrate the steps

When doing screencasts I use a tool like Snagit to capture actual live usage on the computer and produce a standard video file

Snagit is not free, but here is a link to varous free screencast softwares

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/win-screen-recording-softwares/

Is it because of your internet connection?
Try watching it from someone else's fast internet.
There is a setting at the bottom of you-tube that allows you to change the quality as you watch so perhaps by changing that you will be able to watch it properly although a little grainy.

Discovered that she filmed at 15 frames/second - and I think Youtube runs at 10 frames/second ... which may be the problem

Quality change made no difference

zanzar conversion failed - after taking nearly an hour before bombing ... will get her to ask the IT guy at school

Back