getting funding off the back of a diamond

hi all
this is for the brokers or originators or even the guys looking out side the square
has anyone done funding using a diamond, ruby or even a gold bar to be used as the deposit for a property and used it to increase the net value of a property and cross collate the property and the stone or gold and any idea which lender would do this
its a very interesting question and before I go looking this borad maywell have the answer

hi
this is not shonky dimonds or gold
there are people gaining or losing property all the time but this is not what I am looking at

my question was
have anyone leveraged against this type of asset.

You can negotiate anything as a deposit, 10c, a pen, a chicken drumstick, or your first born..

I am aware of someone who exchanged on 20 cent coin. just a normal one from circulation nothing special, just 20 cents.

hehe, i think the law might have something to say if you tried to use your first born ; p

speaking of leveraging, will most banks let you leverage shares to bring down the LMI and if so, at what rate?

80%? so 20k in share would be like putting another 16k on the house?

You can negotiate anything as a deposit, 10c, a pen, a chicken drumstick, or your first born..

I am aware of someone who exchanged on 20 cent coin. just a normal one from circulation nothing special, just 20 cents.

ok, I didn't see the bit about the deposit, I thought it was just a normal put the stuff up as equity to the bank.

would be easier to buy the property and then the $200k deposit or whatever is constituted in the contract by the delivery of the items to the conveyancer?

hi nathan
the deposit is relatively simple you can even use bbx for that so fuzzy dollarsbut I am interested if you know of any lenders that have leverage off the deposit if it stays there
so say a 200k diamond on the back of a 500k valued property lending 80% on the 700 total value
not so much the deposit as you can move that one around no problem.
have you heard of a lender taht will leverage off this type of commodity

Back