Getting pos cashflow from 5 acres and a house

I like lateral thinkers and enjoy a little lateral thinking myself....

I was looking at a property in Harcourt Vic with a nice period house made out of timber and stone, 5 acres, sheds and tank water with fenced paddocks. It is selling for around $390K.

What sort of rental income or "use of the property" income could you get out of such a property to turn it into a positive cashflow investment....

You can rent out the timber & stone house its 4 bedrooms - lets say you'd get $200K for it ?

You could organise horse agistment..what would you get for that ?

What other income could you get ?

if i get 200k pw for the house and price is $390k i will buy it straight away... 2 weeks rent and the house paid off.:)

dump a couple of caravans onsite and rent them out they will cost $2000 each and you may get $100 pw for argument sake... get a portable ameneties block for $5000 and hook up to sewer for 10-15k you will have 2-5 caravans set up and renting out.
if you get busted by council a) i never told you to do that, and b) you can sell all the facilities on ebay and get your $$ back, only prob is then your cf will be affected.

worth the shot tho.

Interesting idea bed and breakfast - not sure how i'd run it since I live 100kms away - however - I guess you could hire someone to do the breakfasts and cleaning portion....

Plant some olive trees, fields of lavendar - some grape arbours - call it Tuscan Farm, in the heart of central Victoria....

Not far from Bendigo and in an apple growing, wine and gourmet food district so not such a bad idea !

Could be cool !

You'll be completely governed by what the Council shall allow.

As always, the Owner of a property foolishly believes they can do as they please with their property - but alas when reality sets in you quickly realise that you are dictated to from almost every authority.

I have no idea where Harcourt is....but if it's close to some industrial stuff, perhaps you could lease the spare land to a trucking outfit to store their trailers and dollies. Fence off an acre or two and let them lock it up. They'll pay you a motza for it.

The neighbours will probably try and sue you for loss of their amenity, and the Council shall post you a cease and desist notification as the property is zoned rural and not industrial.

....but then, treading on toes is sometimes what you need to do.

I like win / loses.....win / wins are so passe.

I like the idea of leasing the spare land to someone...but not a trucking outfit as it is quite the boutique hobby farming area.

Too many people would notice the trucks - and it would be a total waste of time....

If you could only a camoflauge a mobile phone tower !!!!!!:D:D:D

Depending on the location, convert the home into a bed and breakfast business?

Not a lot of money in it - it's a lifestyle job, and very hands on.

Even the self-contained cabin type lodging requires some hands on.

To get cleaners in etc would eat up a lot of profit.

A commercially sized, professionally run grazing property doesn't even achieve positive cashflow, so it's unlikely 5 acres ever will unless you were growing vegetables intensively.

Hobby farms are a high growth, low yield investment. Buy one for the capital gain, or give it a miss.

See ya's.

What about subdivision? Can you subdivide the house and small block of land, and make some half acre or third acre blocks.. sell them for a song.

there is always someone who wants to buy a good priced block of land....

yes, you'll be left with a house on a small block, but you'll probably own it..
Noice kimmy noice..:D

Back