Getting the results of routine inspection (as a tenant)

We are renting a house and a few days ago the agent carried out first routine inspection. What is the standard procedure after the inspection - will the agent send copy of the inspection results to us (tenants) too or only to the owner?
Cheers.

Not sure if my tenants get a copy. When I rented the agent would just leave a note on the kitchen bench, saying all good or any issues, but that was nearly 20 years ago!

If you want a copy why don't you just ask? Could be handy to have for future rental applications.

Many PMs provide property inspection checklist for tenants and the result goes to the landlord. I think you can request for the copy of the result for your purpose. I dont think they would resist the idea.

Normally the report is done for the owner of the property. this would be sent to the owner with photos etc. We do not send the report to the tenant but the tenant would get a letter advising if all was ok and if there were any issues that the tenant needed to address.

Not sure if my tenants get a copy. When I rented the agent would just leave a note on the kitchen bench, saying all good or any issues, but that was nearly 20 years ago!
I vaguely remember that when I was renting before (5+ years ago) agents were leaving some notes ... But this time there were not and I was not in during the inspection to ask. Could be that agents stopped doing this ...

If you want a copy why don't you just ask? Could be handy to have for future rental applications.
Did that, and got the reply saying:

"The inspection report is for the owner only, and is not to be sent to the tenant!"
, I guess I would have to chase it up with the agent ....

Thank you.

If the routine inspection is totally fine (no maintenance and no cleaning issues) then I just leave a note saying so.

Usually there is either maintenance reported, in which case I email tenants advising when it has been scheduled;

Or there are cleaning issues, and the tenants get photos and a list of things to fix up and an entry notice for a follow up inspection.

I do not ever send a copy of the report to the tenant. I also would not provide it if asked, but direct them to any of the above correspondence.

Matt

I've had some PM's in the past leave a note, some have left a detailed checklist and others have left nothing. It depends on the practice of the company.

A friend of mine recently contacted his PM to ask for a copy of the inspection report and was told in no uncertain terms that it is not legally required for the RE to provide it and no they would not. (In NSW)

Or there are cleaning issues, and the tenants get photos and a list of things to fix up and an entry notice for a follow up inspection.
Got the reply from the agent, that everything was ok, except a one smallish mark (made by pen?), I asked for a photo.

Back