Gift ideas for 18 year old male.

What would you reckon is a good gift up to $100 for an 18 year old male? He is quite interested in computers; motorcycles; flying; music; golf; amongst other things. Seems to have everything he wants tho.

Was considering a portable hard drive (but maybe I am am just projecting with my own 'wishlist'...) :p

how about those car chargers for the iPod that also take over a certain radio station? they're cool - about $89.

practical and very iGeneration - but not exactly an 18th pressie.

maybe a nice silver hip flask....? or a $100 JB HiFi gift voucher?

what about some good IP books, witrh some notes in the card as to now your 18, you can create the future ( logical with also an emotional attachment to it?

I liked the hip flask idea. Get it engraved with his name.

Just of legal age, going to bars/clubs, drinks are around $9-30. One night out is all it takes to spend all your money....... or just bring along that hip flask and cheat the system!

Otherwise the cufflinks are a good idea too. You could engrave those too.

My son had his 18th last year. One of his friends got him this dispenser that dispenses spirits. Cufflinks are a good idea too - he got some that were the Ace of Spades. I bought one of his friends a leather wine travel case (around $90) and had it embossed with his initials; another one I bought a selection of boutique beers in a nice esky. Booze seems to figure quite prominently....

Hey Markb, the current younger generation are really into cufflinks,,,,,go figure! Actually, they are quite into fashion, including skin and hair care!

a nice pair of classic cufflinks always go well. mother of pearl is a "goes with everything" winner.

Be the sort of thing he'd have for years and years too.

Silver or stainless steel would also be good and you could have his initials engraved on them.

Who wears bloody cufflinks?

Lots of people wear them everyday.

In any event, compared to many other gifts it's the sort of thing he'll have use for, for years and years (weddings, funerals, any other occasion he has a need to be dressed formally)

Bugga! I was going to get some, but looks like I'm too old :(
he he, I am sure you could get some particularly distinguished ones with $ on each Rob! More of a shot at BB actually!:D

Too freakin hot today (currently 44) to do anything in Adelaide today though....

Many 40 plus year olds in business are well dressed with gorgeous suits and cuff links too.

Love the clean cut look with high quality suits. :D

18 - 30 year olds actually! ;)

Leaves me out as well,

Last time I saw anyone wear them was probably my old man in about 1970

Its been about 20 years since I wore a tie or jacket and almost the same for shoes, apart from deckies, so definitely not up my ally, but the hip flask, now that's a gift;)

Dave

I liked the hip flask idea. Get it engraved with his name.

Just of legal age, going to bars/clubs, drinks are around $9-30. One night out is all it takes to spend all your money....... or just bring along that hip flask and cheat the system!
What a fantastic role model you would be! :rolleyes:

One of those Aussie Pass type air fares that allow you to travel in one direction only around Aus, stopping at most of the cap cities. No time frame attached apparently; or very broad.

If you're feeling generous, throw in a couple grand of spending money.

If he backpacks it for the accomodation, he'll have a ball and it'll be cheap.

Back