Gifts for your Team?

This has been our first full year of property investing.Bought 3 properties and in the middle of another.
I know the question has been asked before whether you give to tenants.

This time the question is do you give to your team?
Our team would be our lawyer, REA, mortgage broker,contractor, electrician, accountant, and of course our building supers.

A gift of a tin of chocolates.
Nothing fancy or expensive,but a nice gesture.

Hi

Yes, we always give a gift to our PM and our tenants at Christmas with a note thanking them. I believe it is very important to do so.

Dale

This has been our first full year of property investing.Bought 3 properties and in the middle of another.
I know the question has been asked before whether you give to tenants.

This time the question is do you give to your team?
Our team would be our lawyer, REA, mortgage broker,contractor, electrician, accountant, and of course our building supers.

A gift of a tin of chocolates.
Nothing fancy or expensive,but a nice gesture.

Kathryn D hi,
yep we always give our tenants and PM's a gift, I usually ask the PM's when purchasing the gift for the tenant to go to $50.

I generally leave it to the PM to decide what to get but I have on occasion decided to refund a some rent.

I have had tenants in one of my properties now for about 7 years, and they were stuggling a few years ago as he had been laid off at Holden and they had a new baby. So on that occasion I asked the PM to gratefully accept the weeks rent when she came in to pay it the week before Christmas and then gift it back.

I must say they have never been late and always pay and certainly maintain and improve my property with pride. I also allowed them to pick the colour scheme when it was due to be painted a couple of years ago.

I think it works wonders, they have a sense of pride and ownership of my property and I have no prolems.

All of that for a small gift at Christmas - it is worth a million dollars to you and I would recommend thought and consideration.

With the PM's locally I purchase and then drop in for a chat and give it to them and my interstaters I asked them to purchase some wine and snacks and share with the rest of the office girls. (not being sexist here folks) :D

cheers

Norman

gift.

I wonder if the two maths teachers in the UK give all their tenants a gift .....

A calculator perhaps? ;)

Why not? it's a habit.

I guess if you're faithful with the small (one lot of tenants / gifts)
then you'll be faithful with the large (large number of tenants / gifts).

It seems like many wealthy people give, and make it a part of their financial planning.

thanks for all the replies.
Other than PM and tenants, do you give gifts?

:( Gulp, errr yeah DaleGG and the girls miss out, yet I alway get a card from his team -- guilt trip starting. My real estate agent is my PM for the properties in Adelaide so I squeeked out of that. Electrician etc no.

The first 2 probably because I have not considered it and that is rude and the analogy is the same as I have a lot to do with both of them. The other professionals no, I really don't have a lot of dealings with them and the work that I do is always paid for, where as DaleGG both here on the forum and direct is always prepare to give me advice and the RE always has his eyes out for me.

So Dale please accept my public apology and I will drop a card in the mail this week for the girls in the office.

cheers

Back