Gold Coast contacts

Hello All,

I am visiting the Gold Coast in late October (Perth) and would like some recommendations on contacts while over there that can point me in the right direction of getting into the market. I am looking for something that can provide me with some rental return with view to moving over there to live within the next 5 years. If anyone has suggestions of a Gold Coast reliable honest RE up there or other please email me direct or post a reply.

Thanks
"H":cool:

stay clear of the real estate agents that target visiting tourists and are located in the obvious places. Go to the real estate agents that sell the houses in the areas that the locals buy in. Start getting the Weekend Bulletin delivered to your local newsagent so you can get an idea of what's available...the lift out real estate section in that paper is awesome. Check out the areas that haven't peaked yet (the corridor between Bris and Gold Coast has often been recommended).

Be aware that many, many unit complexes on the Gold Coast have resident managers. These people are generally persons who have paid many hundreds of thousands of dollars for their management rights businesses. They do a fine job of looking after the buildings generally but they do get paid a large sum of money yearly by the body corporate for doing so...guess who pays that? Good luck!

Dear mannypalma

Thanks for the information it seems funny me being classed as a tourist as I have live Perth but also lived on the GC in the early nineties.

I was hoping to get out towards Nerang, Robina way so still on the coast but just inland a bit. I suppose I need to decide on is it just for investment or to be PPOR in the future.

Thanks and I will contact my local agent.

Regards
H:)

Back