Gold Coast Family Holiday

Hey,

I just picked up loads of Dreamworld vouchers today from Target.

Also got Underwater World and Australia Zoo ones.

Dreamworld is $54 for all but you have to be QLD or NSW residence (they have never asked me this). If you want I can post it to Paradise Hotel and they can keep it for you.

The Australia Zoo is I think if you go in August you get the rest of 2009 for free.

Thanks for the very generous offer Sue

Will PM you

You must include going to Q1 and catching the lift to Q Deck, which is right at the top. The views are phenomenal!

A good time would be late afternoon through sunset, until you can see all the lights switched on. I didn't appreciate how fabulous the Gold Coast was until I saw those views.

It costs about $18 per adult and they have a cafe with light meals and drinks at the top. I think they have a special price for a family ticket.

If you need to take your car,there is parking underneath for visitors to Q Deck.

Enjoy your holiday.

RK

You must include going to Q1 and catching the lift to Q Deck, which is right at the top. The views are phenomenal!

A good time would be late afternoon through sunset, until you can see all the lights switched on. I didn't appreciate how fabulous the Gold Coast was until I saw those views.

It costs about $18 per adult and they have a cafe with light meals and drinks at the top. I think they have a special price for a family ticket.

If you need to take your car,there is parking underneath for visitors to Q Deck.

Enjoy your holiday.

RK

Thks RK,

Have that on the list as well ;)

Thanks also to Sue for the reminder about the toll roads :(

Apparently; Failure to pay tolls within 48 hours will result in an infringement notice being issued. This will be sent to the car hire company who will pass it on to you.

Note that the car rental company will charge an Administration Fee for processing an infringement notice.

I must admit that I don't recall the cost, but I can highly recommend you book in to cuddle the tigers at Dreamworld. I went up for my 21st a number of years back and sat with Mohan, the big white tiger there.

Amazing experience.

also, check out Max Brenner at the Marina Mirage (next to Seaworld and Palazzo Versace)...They have the most amazing hot chocolate. It's so rich, can share a cup! yum but it's very busy though. go between 2 and 4.

Learn your Brisbane IP's postcode off by heart because the theme parks seem to ask you for it. (if you're temporarily a local)

I must admit that I don't recall the cost, but I can highly recommend you book in to cuddle the tigers at Dreamworld. I went up for my 21st a number of years back and sat with Mohan, the big white tiger there.

Amazing experience.

No thanks James, have played with sharks, crocodiles, sea snakes, even had a run in with a scrub bull or two in my time as far as the beasties go, me and the big kitty's will keep a respectful distance of each other :D

me and the big kitty's will keep a respectful distance of each other :D

But he's so soft and cuddly! :D

(and, if you look carefully, chained down :p )

Ah well. To each their own, hey. Enjoy the holiday mate, I'm sure you've well and truly earned it!

Attachments

• Mohan.jpg
    Mohan.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 45
as far as the beasties go, me and the big kitty's will keep a respectful distance of each other :D

You might not get a choice in that. The keepers walk them around Dreamworld and sometimes they sneak up behind you and tackle your legs. This was from a few months ago, their claws are probably a bit bigger now.

Attachments

• 14 feb 09 1457.jpg
    14 feb 09 1457.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 41
  • 14 feb 09 1458.jpg
    14 feb 09 1458.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 14 feb 09 1456.jpg
    14 feb 09 1456.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
One that hasn't already been covered is Eumundi Markets (Bruce Hwy) near Noosa. Wednesdays & Saturdays. Get there early. Best Markets I've ever been to.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Thanks for the comments on the thread from everyone and for the vouchers Sue

We had a great time, will post more later ;)

Back