Gold Coast Motel Reccommendations For April Visit

Heading up to Gold Coast at start of April with one of my 6 yr olds.
Any reccommendations on good accomodation. 4 Star +.
And also what's worth seeing & doing.

Thanks

Gee Cee in layback mode:D :eek:

I'd check www.wotif.com.au a few weeks before you plan to leave for accommodation and check individual web sites for an overview of what is offered.

As for things to see and do I'd recommend any of the following...
- Movie World
- Seaworld
- Wet and Wild
- Observation deck and a bite to eat on level 78 of the Q1 tower with a lovely view
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum
- The Beach

I'm with Vandalic. Wotif has been very useful- and the suggestions are good.

Though he did forget Dreamworld.

I have seen some sort of Outback theme park advertised- I've no idea what it's like.

Ripley's- it's good fun. Especially if you know about the mirror and the tongue- and your boy does not know that :D.

Hi Greg, I'd check out Rolf's World while I was there .... I hear its got a combined Wet & Wild, and a Wildlife Sanctuary in his backyard :D

Cheers

Phil

Phil_H said:
Hi Greg, I'd check out Rolf's World while I was there .... I hear its got a combined Wet & Wild, and a Wildlife Sanctuary in his backyard :D

Cheers

Phil

Hey Greg,

Agree with Phil .... I've heard Rolf's World is a great theme park, awesome setup, wonderful hosts, great views, water access and a great entertaining area... with plenty of natural wildlife.

Ditch wotif.com - get Rolf to break out the jet skis instead :D

Jamie.

Last edited:
We have quite a few competitions at Runaway Bay on the Gold Coast. It is very close to all the attractions & we stay at Bayview Waters appartments. These are serviced appartments & we have never had a problem. Not too expensive either.

http://www.bayviewwaters.com.au/

Hope that helps.

Accommodation

Seaworld Nara Resort - close to other attractions, plenty of good pools and cover. Beach one side and Broadwater the other. Fishing at end of Spit.

Otherwise try to get a unit on Main Beach (this isn't Surfers beach area which is too crowded). I lived on Main Beach for some years.

Attractions (all in Visitors Guide to Coast - in Motel room)

- Seaworld (good value and see the show, pirates, dolphins etc)

- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary (five star day for a 6yr old)

- Day visit to Lamington Plateau (just behind Gold Coast), walk under a waterfall (take small bumbag with treats and water for the walk), see ORielly's Wildlife Reserve (stay overnight if you can)

- take water taxi to Tipplers, South Stradbroke Island - swimming in safe water, interesting walks/play on beach and under Casuarinas. Food and drink available and freshwater shower. You can relax and watch.

Children really appreciate long picnics and playing on the sand and clear water in the many saltwater creeks along the Gold Coast strip. Take the sand digging equipment and they can really run their feet off for hours having fun. Again, usually heaps of shade, toilets and fresh water available. Take a book.

I'm not that keen on the more American style entertainment with a big fence around it.

Anyhow have a heap of fun.
LPlate

Back