Golden Rule: You should never have a Pool?

Hi all,
Frustration has set in. :mad:
For 4 months I've been looking for an IP in a particular area. I missed a great buy at the beginning as I was still gaining an understanding of what you get for your dollar.
Since then I have looked and looked, and waited and waited. Meanwhile the market in this area has just really taken off and prices have increased by about $15k (thats about 7% in 4mths). :(
Having decided to be less fussy I have found a place that may be worth buying (3 x 1) - but wait ...

It has a below ground pool and a spa.

These to me have been a big no no - as not everyone wants them and so reduces the number of potential tennants.

I am dead set keen to buy in this area - but you can see my dilemma. :confused:

Can someone pay me to take them away?

Your thoughts guys are always appreciated.

Regards

Keen

Keen
"Golden Rule You should never have a pool"
Up to you if you want to break a golden rule

we have an ip with a pool 2 streets from the beach.We got a better rent for it.Only bought it because we just could not walk away from the deal.We replaced the filter but if the pool was leaking or something major we would have got rid of it.I prefer to not have a pool, but you must look at each situation seperatley.
Why don,t you ring a couple of pool companys and see if they know anyone who takes away pools.I think there is a mob here in Perth who sells refurbished pools, maybe check the yellow pages.Also check out how much it will cost you to fill in the hole.Will a bobcat be able to get to it?I personally hate barrow work!!!!!
cheers yadreamin

Hi Keen,
I purchased a house with a pool,and by pool I mean a pond that had decking around it that was badly in need of repair a pump and filter that was not working, lining that had been torn off the siding. It also didnt meet council regulations in regards to safety. After much deliberation my wife and I decided to tear the pool down (it was half inground) fill in the hole concrete it and make it into a entertaining area. If you can get a bobcat in to put the soil in and level it it will be well worth it trust me as I had to wheel barrow all my soil in and trust me thats no fun.Good Luck in what you decide to do.Martin

Back