Good conveyancing lawyer in Queensland

Hi

I'm buying my first interstate property and looking for a good conveyancing lawyer in QLD. This is a purchase of an established property involving standard documentation so should be pretty straightforward. One quote I have is $1500 including GST on a 420K place! In WA we use settlement agents and I'd expect to pay around $600. Is that the going rate in QLD or are they trying to take me for a ride?

Can you recommend anyone?

thanks
Stephen

I went with Conveyancing Direct

$600 flat fee (might have gone up in past 6 months?)
+ searches (400ish)

Great service, best price I could find.

I had no clue as it was my first purchase and they helped with everything.

I have used Just Us Lawyers since 2006. They're in Brisbane, which works well for settlement. They're located 700km away from me and so I can vouch for the fact they provide a strong service if you're doing things at a distance. Fast and go above and beyond. I will not get anything out of sharing this, but I want to do it for them (other than sending choc!) because they've saved me over $3500 over the years thanks to being fast and giving me protection against seller's unfair fine print efforts!

(07) 3369 7145
http://www.justuslaw.com/

Cost the same as normal for conveyance. Better than normal help, especially from Mel who is a wizard in helping when you need to negotiate extensions to contracts (e.g. so you have more time for finance). You're welcome to tell her that Penelope sent you. :)

Last edited:
Hi Stephen

QLD isnt a place for a woosy lawyer or conveyancer if things go slow

In qld we have what are known as Time is of the essence contracts

that doesnt mean time is important or do ur best, it means settle on the day or be in default of contract and be at risk of losing your deposit and being chased for costs etc etc .

Unlike in WA where u get 3 days grace for free and the 14 days to complete on when the seller issues a notice to complete.

99 % of the time u will be fine............its the 1 % you buy insurance for

ta
rolf

Hi

I'm buying my first interstate property and looking for a good conveyancing lawyer in QLD. This is a purchase of an established property involving standard documentation so should be pretty straightforward. One quote I have is $1500 including GST on a 420K place! In WA we use settlement agents and I'd expect to pay around $600. Is that the going rate in QLD or are they trying to take me for a ride?

Can you recommend anyone?

thanks
Stephen
I have used this firm for a long time,never had a problem,and he is a property investor,at the peak of the Qld Boom they had a large team of Ladies working,but the last time i was there only one Lady,sign of the times..
http://www.ianbartels.com.au/

Try CSM Conveyancing who have been my Solicitors / Conveyancers for the last 15 years.

CSM Conveyancing
6 / 82 City Road
BEENLEIGH
Q 4207

Ph: 07 3807 2233 (office)
Fax: 07 3807 3841

Attn: Leonie Dixon
Email – [email protected]

Leonie has personally handled over 200 of my own purchases / sales over the last decade so knows her stuff inside out.

Top of my head i think they charge $695 for a purchase.

Hi

Thanks for all the replies guys. I decided to go with the lawyer my buyer's agent recommended, Peter Hofstee and Associates 07 55263529. As Rolf mentioned, time is of the essence so I thought this would make things easier as they know each other. $800 plus GST plus search fees etc for a total expected of $1100 which is okay, certainly better than the initial quote! I'll keep these other recommendations in mind in the future.

all the best
Stephen

Back