Good conveyancing-only companies in QLD? (Gold Coast)

Last time when we bought, we went through a lawyer who my mum’s friend uses, and while they were very nice, OH MY GOD, the cost! It cost us over $8,000 to buy our place, and this included the searches, the conveyancing aspect and drawing up contracts between my mum and us (she’s our lender, no banks involved).

When we buy next time and sell our place, we intend to go to one of the conveyancer-only firms…but we want to go to a really good one. I am leaning towards KRG Conveyancing. Anyone used them? They seem to be good and are the biggest in QLD I think, and have been around for a long time. The other option is Conveyancing Works, but I’m not sure.

We will still have to make amendments to the contracts between my mum and my partner & I, and we’ll go through the original lawyers for that, but HOPEFULLY we’ll save money for the other stuff…?

I wouldnt use CW if it was the last thing i did.

I have used CSM Conveyancing in Beenleigh (previously Melville Mcgregor Solicitors) for well over 200 purchases over the last 15 years.

Ring Leonie Dixon on 07 3807 2233 and tell her i sent you.

I dont think they re-open until next week but if you explain to Leonie the urgency she is excellent and will help you get there.

I have put her onto many other forum clients over the years and all are very satisfied.

Oh wow, really?? Ok, I am very glad I asked first then about CW! It wasn’t my first choice, but I thought they seemed good…obviously not! Lol.

Oh, and thanks so much Qlds007, but I don’t need a conveyancer yet. Just enquiring so I’m ready when we do…hopefully sometime this year! Lol.

Back