Google+

Iv'e been exploring the newly released Google+ at this point only available by invite. I do like it. As soon as the uptake become's wider I think I'll cancel my Facebook account. Has anyone else been playing about with Google+ . If anyone here was interested in an invite to Google+ I can invite you, this can only be done by email, so you will need to provide an email address. I wont keep your email as I'm not into spamming, it would be good to create a Property Investment Circle.

I've been mucking about with it a little, but it doesn't go very far with only 3 friends.

Potentially I like it more than Facebook, mostly for the ability to control your information more. It'll need a few more subscribers to be interesting though.

I also like the fact that you can post direct to the public so you can treat this post like a blog with the ability to upload video, pictures & links etc. The more I explore, the more I like.

Anybody want an invite?

I've been giving away invitations on Google+ to do my bit to increase adoption.

Rather than clog up the forum with an "invite me" thread you can ask for one at http://zagz.com/item/free-google-invite.html

I don't think G+ is a facebook killer - it will take my mum years before she uses it as she's just joined FB. But it is a great way to link with people who have similar interests.

If you know me from my posting days drop by and ask for an invite. You don't have to know me to get an invite.

If I've breached a posting rule with the url, just blank it out.

I also like the fact that you can post direct to the public so you can treat this post like a blog with the ability to upload video, pictures & links etc. The more I explore, the more I like.

I also like the ability to control whether you post to public or just friends. My favorite aspect is separating your connections into categories so when you want to post something personal it can go to just family, or if you want to post something about a get-together it can go to just close friends, etc. I think it might replace a good amount of use of e-mail amongst friends/family.

I've been mucking about with it a little, but it doesn't go very far with only 3 friends.

Potentially I like it more than Facebook, mostly for the ability to control your information more. It'll need a few more subscribers to be interesting though.

It would be 4 friends if I hadn't of misplaced the invite :eek:

Cheers

Jamie

Bloody Google , that place should be shut down.

I'm trying to get my properties taken off street view , it even looks into the garage with one . Pricks won't even answer my emails.

Anyone know how to get your properties removed ?

Cheers

Because it's not bloody right. I didn't give Google permission to put pictures of my properties out and all over the world.
Only a few yrs ago you'd have to be given someones address and then fly across the country or the world , or drive , or be invited to come out to somebodies house. Now anybody in the world can look at your house without your permission, from above , full frontal , That particular one also looks straight down the path at the front door. If the door's open it would look straight down the hall and into your house.

If people can't see where it's all going and how there is something wrong with that , they're pretty naive.

So how do you get them off Google ?

Get over it. There are quite a few sites where I can view your street address and property. No one is really interested in you and unless you are some famous movie star, where the paparazzi will follow you anyway, no one cares where you live or what your house looks like. Maybe you should cancel your credit cards because every banking employee who has access to the system you use could see your spending habits. Ohh and don't drive to work because someone might follow you home and see where you live. Better still buy a burqa just in case they see your face. Sound like my grandma. Overdramatic.

It might just be easier disguising your properties - a different paint colour on the outside, some shrubs/trees and perhaps a new fence :D.

Get over it. There are quite a few sites where I can view your street address and property. No one is really interested in you and unless you are some famous movie star, where the paparazzi will follow you anyway, no one cares where you live or what your house looks like. Maybe you should cancel your credit cards because every banking employee who has access to the system you use could see your spending habits. Ohh and don't drive to work because someone might follow you home and see where you live. Better still buy a burqa just in case they see your face. Sound like my grandma. Overdramatic.

No way baby , I want them off as a matter of principal !

I think getting upset at street view is a bit over the top, you can see it normally in the public so there is no real difference. I can understand if someone does want to have a satellite image taken down though.

It might just be easier disguising your properties - a different paint colour on the outside, some shrubs/trees and perhaps a new fence :D.

Just had an idea for a laugh;

drape lots of military style camouflage netting over yer house, and plant a few rows marijuana-looking type plants in the yard in plain sight.

It would help to also position a few wrecked car bodies around the place as well.

Then wait. :D

thanks for the invite :)

as for google sat etc. That has been available for a loooong time, but it was through the government. Just wasn't publicly known. They have used it for monitoring people cutting down tress or building things without permits.

I don't know how or if it's possible to remove your house from Google street view.

I have a problem with privacy arguments clouding that debate. The view from the street to your house is not private. By definition it's a public space.

Your house is not "yours". Centuries of common law gives you certain rights, but the community grants those rights as part of a social contract. Otherwise we have anarchy.

Google street view is not regularly updated so it isn't surveillance.

Basically anyone can take a picture of public spaces and put it on the internet. Google just industrialized that process.

I dabble in genealogy and some people are surprised that photos of headstone or graves are not privacy protected. Why should they be? It's a public space.

Back