Gouged

I had an appointment in town today (Sydney) and parked in a Wilson car park in Pitt St.

For 3 hours.

$85 (eighty-five dollars (AUD))

Now part of me is annoyed, part of me is standing and applauding the car park owners for running a business so profitably

Can anyone else beat this?

Yes, I am whinging.......

Had a similar experience with Wilson in Melbourne. Signs out the front said evening parking $7. Instead i was charged $7 per hour. Complained, wrote letter and have gotten no where.

eighty five dollars for 3 hours of car storage?

i'd be mentioning the fact that a mortgage on an exclusive space is about a third of that.

I had an appointment in town today (Sydney) and parked in a Wilson car park in Pitt St.

For 3 hours.

Now part of me is annoyed, part of me is standing and applauding the car park owners for running a business so profitably

Can anyone else beat this?

melb not quite as bad, often ends up at $70

all day parking right out the front $61 (council fine)

I would never think of driving into the city here and parking during the day. It's fine if you take advantage of the 'early bird' rates - about $17 if you get in before 10am. Even on the weekend when parking is cheaper, I catch the train. It's quicker and far cheaper and less hassle than driving in.

Actually, after 6pm in Sydney CBD is only $3.30 an hour with no restrictions after 10:00 pm, so max is $12.

I've been gouged parking at that Greengate (?) plaza at North Sydney.

For 3 hours.

Ouch. Been burnt before, will never do it again. The best you can do is to find parking outside the CBD and catch the train.

Or even better, leave the car at home and use public transport.

The highest I pay now is $12 flat rate on weekends. I think it's the one in Kent street.

I had to go into the Sydney CBD last week.

Cost me $ 4.80 on the train to get in from Pymble, which dropped me off at Wynyard Station and thence walked thru that lovely underground mall, arriving in Pitt St in a great mood.

Same cost to get back....no problem.

In and back out for under $ 10.00, and had a jolly good read of the paper there and back.

Back