Government Notified Sale

Is there any way to avoid your purchase becoming a 'government notified sale' and therefore available for all future valuers and purchasers to see?

I am looking at purchasing a property that is an off market listing. I don't want my PP (in my opinion well BMV) to influence future bank valuers and purchasers.

Does every sale get automatically reported?

I dont think it can be avoided.

while some states have some privacy rules around access to the data on a needs to know basis, as far as Im aware one cant prevent the sale being recorded.

Some shielding is possible in some states, because a trust may not be recorded, only a trustee, the actual $ value will be available to valuers and agents and many times the public.

This is one reason why developers love rebates rather that discount on sale.

The buyer pays the increased Stamps, but the sales recorded are still at the higher level

ta
rolf

I think there is a way you can make the sale amount withheld, although I'm not sure how. My sisters neighbour sold her house and didn't want anyone to know how much she got for it, I looked at on the house.com at it just says sale withheld. Ask the real estate agent, he should be able to tell you.

I think there is a way you can make the sale amount withheld, although I'm not sure how. My sisters neighbour sold her house and didn't want anyone to know how much she got for it, I looked at on the house.com at it just says sale withheld. Ask the real estate agent, he should be able to tell you.

This just sounds like the seller wanted the sales price disclosed which is very common. Click on any "sold" suburb on real estate.com and you will see this quite a lot. If you call the agents they may tell you but if under strict instructions from the vendor to not disclose then they should not.

That being said this is not what the OP is asking. The question was if not recorded by the govErnment and prevented from RP Data which to my knowledge cannot be avoided.

You'll find the value will still be registered and can be found through quite a few subscription services.

Withheld at sale....once sold it's still on the gov records ( via NSW land etc...pay $24) or via RP data etc....

If that's the case RP data should come with notes re: sale (eg sale price between related parties, sale price after 6 months on market, sale price on mortgagee sale). The previous sale price does not always indicate the market value. Valuers need to consider the conditions surrounding the sale.

If that's the case RP data should come with notes re: sale (eg sale price between related parties, sale price after 6 months on market, sale price on mortgagee sale). The previous sale price does not always indicate the market value. Valuers need to consider the conditions surrounding the sale.

Majority of valuers would be taking these factors into consideration when undertaking a full valuation.

Back