Gr8 property

Hi guys. I have a friend at work that has been approached by a company by the name of "Gr8 Property" in relation to off the plan units in Qld. My radar went off and I did a quick search but their website is down. Has anyone dealt with these guys? Thanks.

It's interesting how companies in QLD are marketing to people in other, very far away States.

This is nothing new unfortunately.

Why??

Keep the radar well and truly up, and check out the recently sold prices of comparable properties in the immediate area.

That'll give you a very good idea of how good or bad the value of their properties is.

Im not sure how she was contacted but my immeadiate advice was if its a good deal why arent the locals jumping on board.

Hey,

I was talking to a friend about buying somewhere in perth and he put me on to his friend who advised me it is better to buy somewhere like Queensland where the potential growth of properties is higher and only to buy in Perth if i want to live in it. He said the company GR8 look around Australia to find good properties?? I am new to this so any advice would be great. I have an appointment to meet the guy from GR8 on Thursday.

Hey,

I was talking to a friend about buying somewhere in perth and he put me on to his friend who advised me it is better to buy somewhere like Queensland where the potential growth of properties is higher and only to buy in Perth if i want to live in it. He said the company GR8 look around Australia to find good properties?? I am new to this so any advice would be great. I have an appointment to meet the guy from GR8 on Thursday.

this would mean that they are a buyers agent, not a real estate selling off the plan. You would be very wary if they mixed both selling and buying together as it would be a conflict of interest.

If they are purely just a buyers agent I would be looking for testimonials you can contact, and also a FLAT fee for the service, not based on purchase price.

Hi guys. I have a friend at work that has been approached by a company by the name of "Gr8 Property" in relation to off the plan units in Qld.

As soon as I hear the word "approached" I smell a rat. If the properties are that great they wouldn't need to approach anybody. My advice is to do a lot of due diligence, starting at what comparables have already sold for in other complexes. Also checking things like yeilds, outgoings, how many similar properties are available etc, etc. etc.

Hey,

Firstly, with all due respect to your friend, how do you know that your friend actually has any experience with investing in property? Take anything that well meaning friends & relatives say with a grain of salt, because for the most part they will have very little idea.

Secondly, it is much better to learn how to identify good properties yourself without relying on someone who may have a vested interest in what you purchase. If you believe that QLD is where you need to purchase then do the research yourself. FWIW prices have been rising rapidly in much of QLD. I would advise talking to someone (the forum is great for this) who knows what is happening in the specific area you are interested in, as you could well purchase something that is overpriced at or near the top of a boom, only to lose a heap as it comes back down. I would not trust a company that has no track record, selling properties on the other side of the country, to people who know nothing about the area they are buying into. Caveat Emptor!

Have A Chat With Gr8

Hi Guys,

I would definatly have a chat with the guys at GR8, even if you are suss, have a chat, i purchased my first, off the plan IP, though them them..

BEST MOVE I HAVE MADE IN YEARS.....

Just give them a call..........

they get paid commission by the vendor, can't recall if they are licenced REAs, i think they are. Financial Planners get coms too, doesn't mean anything bad. they are just selling a product, no different to walking into a Holden dealership and asking them to recommend a car with your best interests in mind.

Laura how did u go with the guy at GR8??????????
And he is trying to have a conversation with the other employee/commissioned sale agent.

Cheers
PS recently went to the Sydney property show. At one stand were a couple of ladies a large banner and some A3 portfolios showing land subdivision and pretty pictures of houses (I didn't know about the portfolio initially). I was curious and intrigued as they appeared to be just standing there not doing much so I asked them what they were about. Straight away one of them flew into the sales spiel dragging me over to the portfolio showing me the subdivision and the pretty pictures. She then told me that the subdivision was somewhere around Logan prices were over $300k with very little real DD type info and then the cincture 'would you be interested in property like this". Yeah lady I came down in the last shower.

Back