Granny Flat Sales-Statistics for Sydney

Hi Guys,

Ive put together some data which Ive gathered over the past 12 months which relate to granny flat stats like whereabouts in Sydney they were built, block-size, the age of the developers/owner, the overall size of the granny flat and some other interesting statistics. These are very accurate stats for 87 sales so it 's a fairly good sum-up with enough standard deviation to be considered as solid statistics.

I thought these figures might interest some of you guys since a lot of you are developers & investors.

Take a look here if you're interested: http://www.grannyflatapprovals.com.au/news/interesting-granny-flat-sales-statistics-in-sydney/

Cheers,

Serge.

That's interesting. I'm surprised that almost 50% of them are females! How did you know age of your clients?

Also is it possible to know how many of these properties were bought specifically for granny flat strategy?

Last edited:
That's interesting. I'm surprised that almost 50% of them are females! How did you know age of your clients?

Also is it possible to know how many of these properties were bought specifically for granny flat strategy?

Age: Look at the range. It doesnt specify their exact d.o.b.- its a 10 year range. Its not hard to guess someones age withi a decade.

Purpose: I always ask the purpose. It helps me help you with your design and materials.

Any project cost / budget stats?

No but we shouldve!
The range is from about $65k to 110k but we didnt make a graph- probably for self-preservation reasons + I'm not the builder so we'd have to dig into their records...there are 4 builders I use. But the range is there^

Back