Greed turns to Fear: Steve Mc Knights lastest Seminar email

I was interested in the change of tide in property seminar sales enticements/motivation. Seems quick profits are now passé, and fear of loss is in.

Here is an extract of Steve Mc Knights lastest offering:

**THIS EMAIL CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL PROPERTY INVESTORS. PLEASE READ IT IN FULL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.**
Cynically speaking: Do I have to go to Nigeria? take some blue pills? Lucky it was IN CAPS OR I WOULD HAVE HIT THE DELETE KEY!
Can you spare a quick few minutes? If so I'd like to share some exciting news about an upcoming opportunity that I expect will only last for the next 72 hours.
Cynically again: Lucky me, Boy I'm excited as everyone knows 72 hours is a l o n g time in investment property!!!!
The real estate market is changing rapidly. It’s now more important than ever for investors to re-equip themselves with the latest techniques to ensure you’re not using ineffective or outdated strategies.
Buy and hold I guess is out! The sky is falling, the sky is falling... beware; kiss your assets goodbye!
Allow me to be blunt for a moment… if you either currently own or else are thinking about investing in property and you’re applying theories that worked well yesterday then it’s very likely you’re on the verge of potentially losing a lot money.
Buy well and hold long...gosh stupid me!
For example, in the world of real estate it’s just as important to know when to sell as it is when to buy.
I normally sell when my wife threatens divorce....its a good time for me!
However most investors have no idea how to read the market and instead hang on forever in the hope of avoiding tax. If prices fall then losses will follow.
If prices fall below what you paid and then you have to sell at a loss, then yes you probably lost money!
Let’s cut straight to the chase. You can secure your seat at this event – not for $1,500, not for $1,000 BUT FOR JUST $490! That’s inclusive of GST, seminar materials and lunch! Bargain right?

In fact, you may be wondering why so cheap?
hmmm, let me think about it....Nope it's not cheap! $490 for a day is not cheap! Professional education runs about this price! So it's full market price.
Think about what’s on offer here… an opportunity to discover the strategies that are working in the market right now to make money, an outline of how you can protect yourself against a likely market downturn, access to experienced investors and the chance to have one-to-one assistance from the best positive cashflow investing minds in the country… all for $490!

Sincerely,

Steve McKnight

I hope he throws in a set Ginshu steak knifes, unconditional money back garantee, BYO bucket.

I am very very cynical tonight

Note to myself, hire professionals to market my seminars.

Last edited:
So is he saying the pile of cheap ignore-the-fundamental properties bought for cashflow need to be unloaded? this cynicism is rubbing off :D

Now let me see , Steve has been investing in property for how long... about 4-5 years ? If my memory serves me correct , that's about it.

So we should be going to him to listen what happens in the long term, and how to invest when things get tough ?

And how long has Jan Somers been investing for ?

I'll still read Steve McKnight , But if I didn't already know of him , and his last email was unsolicited , it's contents would have rapidly sent his address to the spam folder.

See Change

You should see what a sh*tfight his forums have turned into. People getting banned - more arguments and name calling than primary school and very little talk about investment.

Hi Always Learning

Funny Post! Thank you.

Maybee Steve would like to tell us why as a mega sucessful IP investor he needs to sell seminars?

He says he is so good that he can do no wrong and you & I are about to stuff up! ( I am so dumb) he should be giving his time away for free or on the basis of cut of the future gain everyone will make from his knowledge?

IMHO If I were that good, I could do no wrong in IP, I would be too busy buying selling and making $$$$ to bother to sell seminars.

Also cynical, Peter 147

The other irony is the fact that he's talking about decreasing property prices, while he's talking about decreasing his own prices.

Obviously needs to do something to keep the interest going in his seminar business.

See Change

Well you can certain see whose internet marketing seminars Steve chooses to go to...

I have never been convinced that US internet marketing techniques work on Australians - but I suppose the proof is in the pudding :)

Maybe it's time to ask ASIC to investigate how Steve's able to advise people on property strategies without a Financial Planners' license.....

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I noted the emergency additional chapter to his last book that appeared free on his Internet site warning of the pitfalls of property investment. He has also flicked a lot of his Ips in Australia to follow his (and others) induced boom in NZ. He has probably left a lot of followers in Australia wondering what the hell’s going on.
IMHO I believe Steve has had some advice regarding possible disgruntled property investors suing him when the dust settles.
I think he’s covering his a*se now. :)

Hiya AC

The verbage used is very much the same as my Peter Sun marketing stuff, hes an Aussie Dutchie.

Id hazard a wager that Steve will have no problem filling his semiar, he;s a very high profile personality these days.

ta
rolf

Hi Always

Being a little harsh on Steve aren't we - surely there's nothing wrong with making money from seminars as well as being a property investor.
I'd agree that $490 is not necessarily a bargain - but why give it away if people are prepared to pay.

I agree with Steve in that if your strategy was just buy anything on offer (plenty do/did) and assume that it will go up, then your strategy is outdated, and you might "lose" money in the short term.

However, the tone of the email is a bit over the top, and would tend to put me off too, but sometimes in marketing you need to be agressive for people to take notice.

GarryK

The point being that this is a misguided attempt to scare people into paying $490 without really providing any meaningfull information he could have written into the mail.

ie. My research has shown that in every case when repayments approach 40% of average income, yeilds fall to historical lows that on average prices have fallen 20% and stay that way for 7 years...bla bla bla. After carefull review (graphs, history in sweden, germany, singapore etc) I recommend a review to sell any regional properties and any low land content metropolitain property and any landed property with a 3% or lower yield.

Bla bla bla
Thus I recommend you to to, a) get a appriasal of all your current IP's b) determine costs of sale, CGT liablities c) determine your net profit after all costs
With that information look towards O.S. markets such as Kiwi-land, Brazil etc.

I will be having a seminar/workshop in which the above will be discussed further.

Seats to the McKnight seminar going like hot cakes

77% of available Property Master Class seats (where I'll outline how you unlock positive cashflow returns at the same time as positioning yourself to create wealth in today's turbulent property market) were snapped up in the first 36 hours of being released. (source:Steve's e-mail "June Insider")

I have read in his forum
that he has sold most of his OZ properties
and moved over to buying in NZ
maybe that's what the seminar is about

Last edited:
always_learning said:
I normally sell when my wife threatens divorce....its a good time for me!

Funny post (and insightful too). Good one Always_Learning, thanks for that. Thanks for the marriage counselling part particularly, I can truly relate to that. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
If his properties are all positive cashflow to such a big degree, then there is no worry is it? Since his tenants still pay for his loan?

Buy and hold will make you rich sloooowly. His method of dumping after a peak and moving onto the next best thing will greatly accelerate his fortunes!

Sit back and watch!!!!!! :)

Steve Mcknights strategy is to buy highly positive cashflow in value stable areas and then sell when the value goes up and the effective yield of the investment comes down. Then move further out and buy 2 properties and wait for the housing boom to push up the values on those houses and the yields to fall. One wonders what he will do when the market runs out of steam completely, probably buy in the city to catch the first wave of the next boom. Brenda will probably be able to describe his strategy better than me.

Back