Greyhound Live Baiting

There are a lot of organisations such as Animals Australia that fight cruelty towards animals. THey also re-home retired greyhounds: http://animalsaustralia.org/features/guide-foster-adopt-greyhound.php I would get one if we didn't have two large spoilt dogs already.

I have signed some petitions. I have tweeted to some politicians to ban it altogether. I'm hoping in the next couple of days to see a petition not just for the banning of live bait, but for the banning of the whole industry. The industry has lost a lot of sponsors today.

Apparently the live baiting is widespread and has been done for years. This is what a trainer said about it:

'The beauty of live baiting is that cats and possums will fight for their lives'.

Another said:

'... it has been the norm for as long as I can remember, blooding the dogs, you've got to blood the dogs.'

I have no words to express how sick that first comment makes me feel. I don't care whether this industry provides a revenue stream to the government.

Agree with everyone's sentiments expressed here. My partner watched it (I did not dare as did not want to get upset), he was so incensed, he said he wishes he could air drop these people where ISIS are and let them experience being used as live bait by ISIS, then only they'll know how these poor live bait animals feel. Why does money turn people into monsters or is there a cruelty streak in these people already? :confused:

Back