Griffin 4503(Brisbane North)

Does anybody have any comments about this location. I am looking at a house and land package built by Villa World.

I used to have a hobby farm in Griffin. About 2.5 hectares. That was 10 years ago.

Griffin mostly rural, but slowly it is being developed. I hope you have a car. Being 24km from Brisbane, it'll take you about 40 minutes to the city on a good day. Forget about public transport, there are only buses and they are so infrequent, and they may not even stop near your development.

I probably wouldn't live out there in the burbs (there are other better 'outer' developments that aren't quite so far out or isolated that you should look at), though if you like being isolated, it may be to your liking.

Nakal,

If the almost mythical Redcliffe rail link ever goes ahead, Griffin will surge ahead. If you don't want to take the gamble, look for something closer to the city or Redcliffe.

Cheers,
BRCW

Nakal,

Griffin is less than 5 minutes from the suburb of Mango Hill. Westfield is building a 4 stage shopping complex there which, I'm told, will be the largest shopping centre in ther Southern Hemisphere. They are currently working on Stage 1 which, I understand, is due for completion around September.

This alone will provide many jobs for those living in the area, not requiring them to travel into Brisbane.

Unfortunately I have no information on land values in Griffin but the Mango Hill land is being sold for around $120K at present.

Cheers, Bmok :)

Back