Gta v

Interview with one of the brothers who created GTA:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/nov/18/dan-houser-grand-theft-auto

I think their net worth must be up a bit after the release of GTAV..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424174/Grand-Theft-Auto-Brothers-Sam-Dan-Houser-100m-killing-turning-couch-potatoes-virtual-bank-robbers.html
The duo, who live in New York, have each built personal fortunes estimated at ?50 million from the ultra-violent series, in which players assume the identity of ruthless underworld criminals.

Despite (or perhaps because of) its controversial depiction of sex, violence, rape, car-jacking, drug dealing, torture and murder, GTA ? as it is known to aficionados ? has shifted more than 135 million units since its 1997 debut.

Among the many eureka moments which led to GTA's success was an innovation (introduced for the third instalment of the game, released in 2001) allowing players to increase their character's health by having sex with a prostitute. They could then advance in the game by beating or murdering the prostitute and stealing her money.

article-2424124-1BE02B7C000005DC-249_634x454.jpg

A torture victim has his teeth pulled out by pliers in a scene from the newly released GTAV :eek:

Man I remember playing the original GTA, where the sex and drugs were only written in words, I felt like I was doing something really naughty. Times have changed.

I love the series, but the sex is too much for my liking. It's also become too realistic - When I play, all I care about now is the world and vehicles. I rarely do missions

Mind you, this world looks great, I wish it was on PC...

I love the series, but the sex is too much for my liking. It's also become too realistic - When I play, all I care about now is the world and vehicles. I rarely do missions

Mind you, this world looks great, I wish it was on PC...

The missions never overly interested me either. I'd complete them all although that might be 10% of the time spent playing the game. The 90% is exploring and free play.

Back